Muleys

muleymaniac81

Sorry guys, but a non-resident has a question. I think I have asked this before, and got a lot of great advice, but I cannot find it via the search feature. Could someone please give me an idea of a desert-type unit that would produce a decent muley? I am not asking for your secret spot or anything like that, I would just appreciate advice as to which unit(s) might reasonably be able to produce a 160-class muley. Even 150-class. I am willing to hunt as hard as anyone else, but I will only have about 7 days to hunt next year. High country unit suggestions are also appreciated. I am willing to go anywhere I can to chase muleys. Thanks for any advice or suggestions you might have,
MM81(Mitch)

As a fellow Non-Res (Former Res.), my suggestion is 17. Any of the hunts are good, and having hunted it several times myself along with tagging along with family, I'd say there are plenty of bucks in that class. Draw odds seem to be pretty good for any weapon Choice (we haven't had any trouble drawing any hunt code for Un-guided). Just take top-notch optics, plant your rear, and Glass, Glass, Glass, and you'll find the bucks. Resist the urge to wear out the boot leather chasing deer on foot, until you locate what you're looking for.

Good Luck!!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom