Muzzle breaks on UML

utarchery

I’m sure some people on here have tried it. Any luck? How did it affect your load and shooting? What break works best?

They are a must IMO. a 2 port directional brake will reduce felt recoil dramatically. Any decent smith should be able to install one.

A local gunsmith built one for mine. Reduced recoil a lot. Minor change in load, no appreciable change in accuracy. It’s been 4 years……. no regrets.

Thanks. What kind do you recommend?
I generally don’t make recommendations because we all have different expections. The gunsmith told me that he makes them at his shop so I don’t know if it’s a reproduction of a commercial product or if it’s his own design. He was suggested to me by a neighbor who had one made previously.

077011BA-9202-41B2-A177-33B85D0F2581.jpeg

3B481D54-70B2-41FE-83DC-080DF277CE27.jpeg

90888E46-9BC0-4184-BF69-455C4E59C5E4.jpeg

Arrowhead rifles and hanks precision has some options available. Most are geared towards.45 cal, but some will work on a .50, all will need a gunsmith to thread your barrel 3/4-24. I just bought a ported brake similar to the one above for a project from hanks for like $25.

We couldn’t be that lucky haha. I’m all for open sights.
I’m all for a round ball and a slow twist barrel, but that ship sailed in 85.

When they limit range finders to golf courses and axe throwing you’ll know…….. it’s an honest effort. Until then, chalk it up to………….. optics. ???

Be careful where your breaks ports are. Its possible to crack or damage the end of your ramrod. I started carrying an extra 3pc rod in my pack years ago after doing this twice.

Be careful where your breaks ports are. Its possible to crack or damage the end of your ramrod. I started carrying an extra 3pc rod in my pack years ago after doing this twice.
Hadn’t heard of that before. Thanks for the heads up.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom