muzzy 77,78,771

Morty

looking for any advice to narrow a decision on where to start my Muzzleloader buck hunt, due to work/personal issues havent been able to scout-picked up a leftover tag 2 days ago, never been in the areas at all. Wlling to hike(3-5miles), and solo pack out. PM if willing to help, thanks.

Willing to share southern colorado 80/81,76 elk info.

Read the SW hunt guide on CPW site. It will give you places to start. Never been in those units personally.
You can always hunt aspen patches around 10000 ft or above treeline on north facing slopes.
You can easily kill a deer based on internet scouting alone.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-03-18 AT 10:31PM (MST)[p]78 is my 1st choice right now, any info is appreciated. Thanks

Hey Swamp. Did you draw 77,78,771 this year?
How did your goat hunt at Mr. Fluhman?s go last week? Hope you were successful.

I drew bear in 75-78. I got pretty nice boar Sunday eve. The antelope hunt wasn?t a good one. Killed little buck on the last day and was lucky to get him. Glad the antelope draw is changing. Hopefully for the better.

Glad you got your bear. I was inquiring as we had drawn that goat tag as well. We were unable to make it and ended donating it to a youth through the G and F program.
Glad you did at least get a goat even though it may have not been as good a ranch as one always hopes for.
As they say, I'd rather be hunting than being stuck at work.
Did you draw out for 78, Colo? We didn't. We're wondering if the drought had affected this unit?
We'll see how the new goat system turns out. Good luck on your future hunts.

Super dry and most ponds completely dry. More chokecherries than ive ever seen in my life. Also heavy acorn crop. Not sure how with the severe drought but was great year to hunt bears with the limited water and abundance of food. Didn't see much in the way of elk but stayed low.

186213ee2111ceac445c18ac884765512657d.jpeg

7943452ffe0d877d8495c9aa17f4fc83eb93b.png

Went in deep backcountry, paid off.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom