Muzzy Orange?

dang302

I had assumed that you have to wear orange for the muzzle loader hunt, but after reading the regs last night now i am not so sure.

Do you have to wear orange during the muzzle loader hunt? or only during rifle hunts?

Thanks, I know I should be able to figure this out on my own!

Yes you must wear orange when hunting with a muzz. At least 500 sq inches including a hat. I will be wearing a orange hat this weekend even though i dont have to for my archery tag. Too many out of staters running around for my comfort :)

OK...it does say that while bow hunting during the firarm season you are also required to wear orange...so the way I read it you have to wear the same 500 sq inches + hat if you are archery hunting in a unit with a muzzy or rifle hunt also going on.

No, archery hunters hunting with an archery tag do not have to wear orange. If you have a rifle/muzzleloader tag then you must wear orange even if you choose to hunt with a bow. So archery hunters with an archery tag do not have to wear orange even if there is a rifle/muzzleloading.

Copied from the website under "planning tips for non-residents":

"Archery hunters, please note: All hunters hunting during a rifle season must wear fluorescent orange according to the above regardless of manner of take."

I sent them an email asking clarification.

I really hate orange though...definately not a safety issue...just a PITA and requires me to carry around extra clothing!

confusing, I grant you, but what the above statement means is if you have a RIFLE TAG, but choose to hunt with a BOW, then you have to wear orange. It is legal to hunt with a bow or muzzleloader if you hunt with a RIFLE TAG.

For example, you can put in and draw a first rifle elk season tag. It would be legal for you to hunt with that tag using a bow, but you have to wear orange.

But if you have an archery tag, in an archery season, you don't

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

>Yes you must wear orange when
>hunting with a muzz. At
>least 500 sq inches including
>a hat. I will be
>wearing a orange hat this
>weekend even though i dont
>have to for my archery
>tag. Too many out of
>staters running around for my
>comfort :)

Its not just the out of state guys that you have to worry about, some of the local boys are just as stupid. Just saying...

Rick Nolan

Okie
I said that tongue in cheek so dont be so serious.

Dang
The orange is a safety issue. I know a guy that was shot at by an archer who thought he was an animal walking in the trees. There are some stupid hunters out there.

If you cant follow the easy instructions for your hunt in Colorado you should have your tag taken from you

>If you cant follow the easy
>instructions for your hunt in
>Colorado you should have your
>tag taken from you

Easy instructions. LOLOLOL

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Its not all that complicated, but some clarification in the regs would be nice.

I still don't see it as a safety issue. If it was truely a safety issue than bowhunters would be required to wear it too...especially if hunting (with a bow tag) while I am out there with my muzzle loader shooting at anything that moves. :)

I am just bitter because we are all hunting at the same time and I have to wear orange and some guys don't. I like not being seen when hunting, but mostly it really is a pain to utilize orange over an ever changing outer layer.

I find it humorous when my friends who grew up in states that do require orange honest believe that if they were out there without it, they will get shot. I never hear about anyone getting shot in NM or AZ.(I am sure one of you can find a story to prove me wrong)

Only time I remember is in hunter ed when they show the video (propaganda, not a true story) of a guy stalking a guy turkey calling and when he sees the red scarf they guy wipes his mouth with he shoots!

Of course nobody requires orange for turkey hunting!!!!!!!!...and buckshot is still legal here in NM.

Wrong... There was a hunting accident last year in NM up north someone shot on a 4 wheeler... No Anaimal is worth killing a Hunter. JUST BECAUSE NM DOES NOT REQUIRE ORANGE DOES NOT MAKE IT RIGHT. KNOW YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND BEFORE YOU SHOOT!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom