My Big Alberta Bear

JDElec

4a3efffb475e7882.jpg

4a3f019e50c37c5a.jpg

I got really lucky this year what you think of this bear pretty big?

Here is another pic of my bear. I was hunting in Alberta guided over baits. I have gone up there twice and most of the bears I've seen were average size and you could almost always here them coming in. I was watching a pretty good boar on the bait that was really rubbed so I was going to pass on him when he looked off into the forest and just bolted in the oppposite direction. So I figured that I had a good one coming in I sat there on the edge of my seat for about an hour, nothing so I settled back againts the tree to wait out the night no sooner than I set down my rifle and this bear stepped out and started to sniff and taste the air. I hadn't heard anything, he was there for about 2 seconds and he just backed back into the thick trees. He didn't even turn around just backed up. I thought I had just screwed up on my best chance for a good bear. I finally could see him way back in the trees for a split second and tried to get a shot but the trees were to thick. About 45 minutes later he popped out from a different spot rights on the barrel. This time I was ready, had been on the edge of my seat since seeing him earlier, I shot quick he ran 30 yards onto the trees and it was done.

The best part was when my guide came back to get me that night he asked so you get a bear, I told him ya, we started into the trees and when we could see the bear he said It looks pretty good. As we got closer he said looks really good. Than as we got there he turned to me and said "Holy #@%#@# Holly #@@%# that is a big bear. It was pretty cool watching him freak out he has guided bear for 11 years

The bear is 7'9" and had a 21.25 inch skull they didn't weigh him but guessed last fall 650 lbs this spring 500ish

By the way this was the only night I had by rifle with me the stand It was one you could see out a ways in a couple directions and they had seen some wolves this year I shot another average 6' bear earlier in the week with my bow

4a3f74770ebc091a.jpg

Man, what a sweet bear!!! That is a true trophy!! It's got a huge B&C head and a great looking coat. That will make a great full body mount! Huge congrats on an awesome animal!! Thanks for sharing.

You guys are having quite the year. Congrats and thanks for sharing.

HK

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom