My ibex!

Trad Bow 1979

Hopefully these pics will post. If not ill get them on eventually. I was very fortunate on this hunt. My dad and I decided against trying to spot and stalk, and to just get up high and watch some areas to see if something comes by. By 1:pm I was thinking we needed to start working our way down so we don't get caught in the dark. And of course the winds were bad. By 1:30 the winds died down and I just spotted a white billie coming around the hill. I lost visual a few times as walked around the rocks and vegetation. I connected on him at 400 yards. I was very pleased on how clean of kill it was. He hardly took 3 steps before dropping. He measured at 38" which made me very happy. That was also by far the most difficult animal recovery I have ever done. He was way heavier than I was expecting! It was all such a great experience!!!!

Ok got the pics

1580image.jpg

2169image.jpg

Thank you all very much or the compliments! I feel a sense of relief now that I can quit obsessing about this hunt. ;) And thanks to all of you that gave me tips and pointers as well.

Beautiful Billy! Ibex are amazing critters and a coveted trophy. Congrats on a great hunt and great animal! Well done. Love that rock pile and will be visiting soon to chase lions and pigs as I didn't draw an ibex tag this year.

Congrats again!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom