My Minox Review

woodruffhunter

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Nov-04-10 AT 06:06PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Nov-04-10 AT 06:05?PM (MST)

Doug at Camera Land had a good deal on Minox binoculars a few weeks back. I decided to get an extra pair of binoculars for my wife's upcoming Utah LE elk hunt. I purchased a pair of the Minox 10x42's for $249. They retailed for $599 (I believe).

I had two other pairs of binoculars to compare them with. A pair of Swarovski 10X42 SLC's and some 10x42 Nikon Monarchs.

I took them scouting a few times and used them in several times as it was getting dark. My conclusion was this: They far exceeded my expectations...

During mid-day they are as clear as my Swarovski's (or close enough that I really cant tell a difference). At dusk, when I glassed up some deer from about 100 yards, there was little if no difference to me for clarity and light gathering. It was dark enough that I couldn't tell if they were cows or deer from about 100 yards (with my naked eye).

My wife did say the Swaro's were a little bit better at dark, for her...

In the Swaro's defense, I can say they are built better, more solid. However, I am still surprised at how little difference there was. They are much better than the Monarch's.

Having said this, I will not get rid of my SLC's. But, the Minox are well worth the cost....

Thanks so much for your review. I have a pair of the same binocs coming in the mail....got the last pair they had of the same open box special. I have always heard good things about the Minox and you just comfirmed it some more. Sounds like they really are a heck of a deal for the $$$$ compared to the High end binocs. I would have really been bumed out if I would have just missed out on that last pair after such a great review....Thanks again............Les

You will not be disappointed... I am still shaking my head on that deal. For $249, its hard to believe you can get that quality glass. All my future optics purchases are going to come from Camera Land, most likely...

They are the BD 10x42 BR ASPH and I was extremely impressed for the price when I got them and used them at the end of my Elk hunt. Just keep watching the Cameraland specials and talk with Doug and some open box special will come up at a great price....maybe even some more of these. Good Luck..........Les

Thanks woodruff. That makes me happy, I just ordered some Minox for my son's Christmas from Cameraland.

There are not enough deer in Utah...FOR REAL.

I have been useing a pair of 8X32 Minox binos for years.
They were a good value at $395 ten years ago. You stole these 10X42's at that price! be carefull of the eye cups.

Good find!

Griz

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom