My Nevada Labor Day Pronghorn

Rodzilla_v

Hey Guys, just wanted to share a few pics from my hunt this weekend! After 6 years of applying in Nevada I took no chances and had Nevada High Ridge Outfitters give me a hand on my quest for a good buck. Boy did these guys work their butts of for me! I had the time of my life and still have a smile from ear to ear.

After spotting numerous bucks in the flats, we spotted a buck up high that demanded a closer look. After the 2 mile hike (4000 feet elevation gain) the stalk started, we circled around him and a doe and came right on top of them 217 yards away. After a couple of shots straight downhill I got my trophy.

I know what he green scores, what are your guesses?

48bf8d4551ab58f0.jpg

48bf8d7951e2c252.jpg

48bf8d9b51f44933.jpg

48bf8dc45210a86b.jpg

48bf8dea5240cd5f.jpg

Rod,

Not good at scoring, but that is one nice speed goat. Nice pics also, congrats!!
nrueh

Great goat...I haven't put the numbers to paper but with a quick glance I would say somewhere around 84-85. Good job!!

You have got to love them goats
that hook foreward. great buck
extremely tall.

17 tall
6 1/2 base
6 3/4 1st
3 3/4 2nd
2 1/2 3rd
5 1/2 prong

84 gross, great buck!

Congrats to you Rod on a very nice Buck, another Kali boy does good. Hopefully in a few years will have enough points to draw a tag too, still building up.

Brian

Great looking lope. I'm new to the scoring of antelope. I'm guessing a little smaller. Maybe in the 81-82" range?

Don P.

Thanks for the replies, glad you guys like the pictures. Im very happy with him. I am hooked on Antelope Hunting (first Antelope)!

I think Mountainstalker was the closest one to the green score, this antelope is a bit decieving because of the way his horns are set.

His horn lengths are 16 1/2 and the other almost 16, prongs were right at 6 inches, along with 6 inch bases.
His already at the taxidermist, but when we put the tape on him, he green scored at 80 7/8, with deductions he nets 79 and some change. Hopefully he dosent shrink so much and still makes the Nevada Record book (78 minimum) after the 60 day drying period? A little more mass would have made him go book. Regardless, Im happy -couldnt have done it without the help I got.

Rod

WOW - awesome buck, and talk about character - CONGRATS

Keep the Sun at Your Back and the Wind in Your Face

I now this is an old topic, but just wanted to share a pic of my Antelope taken from the spotting scope, before the stalk started. you can totally see how his horns sway foward, made it kinda hard to judge. Good luck in all you hunts!

48ca0c0b3986918c.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom