Name on Forums

S

spcheuvront

To All;
I am fairly new to talking to folks on a forum.
I have had some good luck finding other people to work for wildlife.
My question is this.
I do not understand why people do not put their names
on what they say and do. If there is a danger to me let me know what it is.
I dought if I will change what I have done my whole life, but let me have your reasons. I'm very curious.
I have broad shoulders and your answers won't offend me.

Steve Cheuvront

Why don't you 2 go F&*^ yourselves. How can I be a computer tough guy if you know who I am ?

J/K .
My name is Jim Renkema 46 year old native Arizonan.

P.S. Steve you know me from the strip this past year. I shot the 208 Buck with Chad

You had me pretty good! I was thinking WOW did we piss this guy off or what?
Travis Scott
Southwest Hunting Adventures

Just havin a little fun. If I was a little more computer literate I would have added one of those cute smily faces. I have nothing to hide so there it is.
Anybody else ?

Just checked out your site, great site, if you got to the Salome/ Wenden area we would give you a shout for pump work.

Guys;
I guess it will take time to get the other sides reply.
I'm just curious, thats all.
When Jim's buck comes out in print , you guys are in for a real treat. Yes I was in camp; but I was the assistant cook, a title given to wana be's.
Thanks for all the replys
Steve Cheuvront
Native Arizonan
Live in Scottsdale, Az
Love hunting with a camera
Try my best to work for wildlife,
and make a difference
I came to this site to learn, and find out what other people
feel about common problems. I personally learn from every one I am around in the field, never fails.

I don't want to reveal who I am because I don't want to be a target of an undercover sting operation.

Kent Powell, just a guy, nothing special. 4th or 5th generation Az, it's a family debate.

I can't even spell and don't care.

Kent

Cameron Stevenson, born and raised in Tempe Arizona.

azrhodes- where in Iowa did you come from. Both my parents and relatives were born and raised there and I go back at least once a year to pheasant hunt and work on the farms. Heard of Goldfield in north central Iowa?

Steve Armstrong
23 years in Algona, Iowa (North Central Iowa)
33 years in AZ
Cameron, I have heard of Goldfield. Where do you go pheasant hunting?

Steve,
Here is my response to that, which is similar to what I posted on other thread. I can guess why some do it but then give my own personal reasons, which some may or may not understand or agree with. Some unfortunately, who may be immature or passionate or whatever seem to attack people in a personal way on a regular basis. They do this for motivations I do not relate with but they are who they are. They may be like that in every day interactions or not. Either way I don't feel it is how people should be treated. Many of us, being human, do this as a slip up but it's not regularly and we apologize when done. I have respect for those people and don't really care if they share their name or not as long as they are trying to treat people with respect.

Personally, I do not share my name for a few reasons. First, since I don't come to these forums to try and e-scout or learn new techniques, what I gain from these forums is a resource to tap into a wide spectrum of demographic to discuss topics I feel are important to our Sportsmen Community. In doing this, I do not try to PERSONALLY attack or insult people but I DO challenge people to truly think about their opinions and express them so that we can all understand, without the irrational ranting that as you are aware of happens all too often in my opinion. By doing this I recognize it may not make me a very popular person at first but once we interact enough and people learn I will discuss fairly and try not to disrespect usually people change their opinion about me or at least tolerate me LOL! Unfortunately there are some who choose to hold a grudge and in this day in age I do not feel comfortable with the idea of people I know nothing about, especially their moralistic values, knowing my name. I have been burned by unscrupulous people too many times to the point where this works for me. I hope the discussions or opinions I chime in on brings some value by taking this stance.

Fellas;
I'm not sure what bubbas is talking about, with his enemys.
I guess I'm too old and stupid to consider you guys a threat.
Bubbas, as well as any one else who chooses to remain nameless,
is their right.
I don't want to start a fight over this, I was really just curious.
Yes, I have had my nose broke, on several occations by folks who were better at discussing their point of view than I was.
I didn't die but did learn a little bit, on each occation.
I'm 60 years old and many of the things I read on this forum
are like young bulls finding out who is the toughest.
I do learn from each interaction I have with others, and some of what I read is very funny.
Remember, kiss your wife and kids and tell them you love them every day,
See ya all in the hill we all love
Steve Cheuvront

John Holmes....lol you dork. That was funny !! Ya may wanna watch anyone named Bubba !!! Lighten up Bubba !!

Justin Young, lifelong Bagdad Arizonian. Arizona tag holder!!!

If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?
aufvqq.jpg

Elk,
I am a very laid back guy actually and my personality is different on here than in everyday interactions for those that know me. But I'm not a goof ball either. That is the nature of my profession. It's just that when on a computer all you have are words. I choose to be as clear and concise as possible to minimize confusion. I am sorry if my discussion and verbage style offends you. So I don't really need to lighten up, thx for the advice though. To each their own, isn't that what everyone tells me when I express an opinion different than their own?

MEANTTOBUCK,

a group of 10 or so (friends and family) every year head back to goldfield to hunt pheasant there. Our family owns 1000 acres more or less all around the goldfield area with plenty of acreage ideal for pheasant hunting as well as deer hunting. Haven't had the time or money to hunt deer there but one of these years I will. Every year we run into a couple monster bucks that I would love to put an arrow in. Someday...

Huntmancam

My dad was born in Spencer and my mom in Algona. I do know where Goldfied is but have not been there. My two favorite things about Iowa have always been the people and pheasant hunting.

azrhodes

Steve, you bring up a great topic. About 6 years ago I started putting my name on all my posts. Reasoning was, I didnt want to hide behind a fake name, be a computer/internet wannabe, just wanted info and opinions kinda like in person conversations or over the phone. There seemed at that time so many people who talked alot on the internet but couldnt really back up what they were saying, I just personally liked a name attached to who I was talking to. I also saw how so many people talked a good talk, but never showed up for the commission meetings, or volunteered to be on things like ADA, RMEF, AES etc..... I just want to see people do more than stand up on the internet, stand up at commission meetings and wildlife conservation groups... Thanks, Allen Taylor......AZ resident for 11 years Washington state native...........

Allen,
I guess I'm not alone in expecting people to say who they
are, and for gosh sakes, don't tell these people who I really am.
They think I look like Sam Elliot, am 6'6'', have a masters degree in biology, have made a million bucks and retired at 40
and hunt my days away without a care in the world.
Gee that sounds pretty good. You can use it mon, wed, and fri,
and I'll use it tues, thurs, sat and sun. What do ya think?
Seriously, take care of your family and if you have a few hours
think about helping wildlife.
Steve Cheuvront

JD Pepper, 38 years Arizona Native. I just like to think of myself as a big bull elk in his prime, you kow big tough animal thing.
Im a little guy in real life, dont like controversy or physical confrontation, so It helps my masculinity and stuff doing it here.
Ok really
I like to hunt Elk more than anything I think although Couesy bucks are very very close second. Im an elkaholic even had to move where I could see them everyday. Even my plate # is dipped in Elk. LOL

Hey Alan wassup?

LAST EDITED ON May-06-09 AT 08:57AM (MST)[p]Steve,
I usually sign as Doug and full name is in my profile.
I have no idea why posters hide their name. Maybe they fear and internet tuff-guy will knock on their door ;-) But if it's to that point, then the person likely already has real life problems.

Doug~RR

Donnie Lee 35... az native, 7th Generation... first one to move away... loving Wyoming!!!!

My name is Jeff Rivera, and I am a native of New Mexico. My family has been in New Mexico since the late 1600's. I now live in Round Valley, AZ and work for the Forest Service. Elk hunting is o.k., but I would die if I could not hunt deer annually. I have never been to Iowa, but the two things I like best about that state are the corn-fed farm chicks, and hot whitetail bucks; or is it the other way around?

Dan Malin lived in AZ for 21 yrs now live in mesa , was a MARINE CORPS brat so i'm from everywhere but call Oskaloosa Iowa home

meanttobuck,

My mom was born there. I was born in Nevada lived there from 1960 to 1977, moved to Prairie City for High School. I went to Iowa State no football in college.

Greg Rhodes

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom