NCAA softball fans?

My daughter played through high school and I helped coach her. I still love to watch them girls play ball, those pitchers are amazing and those girls just play so damn hard. Fun to watch for sure. Couldn’t imagine anything better than watching your daughter play at the collegiate level, congrats.

Sure enjoyed watching last year.

I got my blue tape ready to roll.

The Wizards pack’en banana head gear this year.

Go Bruins!!!

When 3toe was here hunting turkeys we talked a little about softball and we were wondering how your daughter was doing at UCLA. She was tearing the cover off the ball when COVID hit. I think she was pac-12 player of the week just before everything got shut down.

When 3toe was here hunting turkeys we talked a little about softball and we were wondering how your daughter was doing at UCLA. She was tearing the cover off the ball when COVID hit. I think she was pac-12 player of the week just before everything got shut down.
Yes, she was killing it...she was Pac 12 player of the week when play officially stopped. She had a grandslam in a 0-0 game in the 4th against Minnesota (game ended 4-0), an RBI double against Michigan (2-0 game), which actually was a homerun if you look at the clip (ump's are blind) and a fantastic game against Central Florida (w/ a HR)....all of those were ranked teams. COVID was a big punch in the gut to players, coaches, parents, recruits....everyone involved in softball....or any sport period. She was named to the Pac 12 Second Team this year. We'll take that accolade but her stats say she should have been First team. We told her to use that as fuel. She will. We are grateful that she is where she needs to be. It was her dream to play for UCLA so everything has come full circle. Thanks to everyone for the nice comments.

Yep Wiszard, I think we all chatted about this probably last spring?
My wife was the stud pitcher for the Huskies in the late 90s, so we always look forward to watching in May/June. Kinda cool since she knows or played with most of the coaches in the Pac12 and SEC.

Though my wife can't root for UCLA (haha), UW has had a rough season, so best of luck to Delanie!

Briana Perez’s double to left-center scored Jordan and Delanie Wisz singled in Perez for a 5-1 lead.

Bruins win: 5-4

Stay’en alive!”

“Blue tape an banana day for the Wiszards!! “

Congratulations to the Bruins! My Arizona Wildcats also advanced yesterday.

Steve, I hope it's ok with you to post this, and I certainly don't want to take anything away from Delanie's current run. But her sister Stevie had an amazing (and heart-wrenching) story at UCLA that many here probably do not know.

Stevie's story of heart

Thanks for the nice reply's! Regionals wasn't pretty but 3 wins gets us into Super Reginals vs Virginia Tech. Games start Thursday at 6:30.
Thanks Stickflipper.....Stevie's story is pretty cool. She is a special kid.
Glad Arizona made it as well....Oregon got knocked out and so did AZ St....only UCLA, Washington and AZ in it for the Pac still.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom