NE RAC

Ya!

I Ain't too Picky!

Hey Elk.

Since we’re still negotiating in the final hours, here’s my final offer:

9x scope limitation on all seasons. ALW and muzzy included. Rotate the general ALW and muzzy seasons every year.

What you think of that?

I said hunting scenario. A controlled shootng situation is a far cry from the real thing. I'm glad they can see a neutral color basketball size target bare eye at 500 yds.

Learn the difference between through and throw if you want to look like an intelligent smartass.

Pay attention motormouth and I don't give a phuq what your grammy said.

So you can take your bullshit reply and you STFU
Those are hunting scenarios dumbass. Lots of dark targets being shot at with those muzzies not just basketballs. I’ve shot just as many animals at mid-day as I have in low light so once again those are hunting scenarios. YOUR ORIGINAL STATEMENT IS WRONG AND IT HAS BEEN PROVEN WRONG WITH LOTS OF FOOTAGE TO BACK IT UP!

MAN UP AND RECOGNIZE WHEN YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU DONT KNOW BECAUSE YOU DON’T KNOW SHIZ! Now that you know you are wrong just STFU and slink off before Granny works you over with her strap-on big boy😁

Sincere apologies for the typo, my editor usually corrects my grammar and she’s not on my phone.

Oh boy. Deadibob done gone and got himself on a list by saying mean things to a feller in his feelers and now he’s going to hear about for the next 4 years!

Giddy up!
Yeah I done gone and offended another thin-skinner. Seems like they’re everywhere these days. Oh well, if I get banned at least I pissed someone off in the process😆

Forgive Bess.

Next time founder banishes him, when he comes back his new name will be YeahBut
My hats off to a guy that speaks his mind no matter how many aliases it has given him over the years.😁

I’ve always been surprised that Founder doesn’t just ban IP addresses so we can’t change our names. Maybe ad revenue is determined by user numbers.

"Twas the night before meeting and all through Founders house, no creature was stirring not even a mouse........

When out on the lawn there came such a clatter, Twas the Wildlife Board making things matter......."
Away to the window I went with a dash, and there was Wade Heaton and all his apples were smashed.

A black hawk helicopter shined a spotlight below, and there stood Wade Lemon.......in the wrong unit

Last edited:
Hey Niller?

Don't you Feel Just A Little Bit Guilty?

You're Out Perty Much Nothing Using The SmokePole You Used This Year!

You'll Lose Nothing No Matter The Change!

How Bout The Guy At The NE RAC Meeting That Can't Afford To Rig Up Another SmokePole Because Of The Changes That'll Be Made?

Who's Ever Gun You Used Didn't Dial That F'R In For Free Neither!

Put that nightforce on KSL, I'm sure you can trade it for a 1x

Hey Niller?

Don't you Feel Just A Little Bit Guilty?

You're Out Perty Much Nothing Using The SmokePole You Used This Year!

You'll Lose Nothing No Matter The Change!

How Bout The Guy At The NE RAC Meeting That Can't Afford To Rig Up Another SmokePole Because Of The Changes That'll Be Made?

Who's Ever Gun You Used Didn't Dial That F'R In For Free Neither!

Why should I feel guilty? A good friend offered me a legal instrument to kill an animal I had the appropriate tag for, and I took him up on it. Had a great time doing it too!

I didn’t come up with the plan to go to open sights, and I don’t support it. However, if the law is passed, I’m likely going to take advantage of it. Go back to my roots as a muzzy hunter, hopefully let my kids hunt the rifle. (If the little tree huggers will actually finish hunter safety!!!)

So what am I supposed to be feeling guilty about here?

For anyone that is interested, the posted online feedback submitted to the board is as follows regarding the question below:

Which best describes your position regarding the technology recommendations?

Strongly Agree - 50
Somewhat Agree - 22
Somewhat Disagree - 13
Strongly Disagree - 133

I know some won't like the data, because it's not "complete" since every hunter in the state didn't submit a response. Don't shoot the messenger just figured some may like to see the tally.

Hey Niller!

Don't Get Your PANTIES In A WAD So Quick!

You Spent A Few Minutes/Very Short Time Learning To Shoot The Borrowed Weapon!

You Spent Very Little Money To Shoot & Use A SmokePole Of That Caliber!

Let's Just Say The Work & Cost Of Fine-Tuning A SmokePole Was Already Done For You!

Hell Ya I'm Only RAZZIN You!

You Will Lose Absolutely Nothing When Tonight's TAKE Is Finalized!

I Told You,You Were SMARTER Than The Rest Of Us!

Did you Hear About The Committee That Wants To Take Your Camo?:D

EDIT: But How Do You Think The Guy That Was At The NE RAC Meeting Is Gonna Feel?

He Said His Gun Isn't Tapped For Sights & He Can't Afford To Rig Up Another SmokePole?

Why should I feel guilty? A good friend offered me a legal instrument to kill an animal I had the appropriate tag for, and I took him up on it. Had a great time doing it too!

I didn’t come up with the plan to go to open sights, and I don’t support it. However, if the law is passed, I’m likely going to take advantage of it. Go back to my roots as a muzzy hunter, hopefully let my kids hunt the rifle. (If the little tree huggers will actually finish hunter safety!!!)

So what am I supposed to be feeling guilty about here?

Last edited:
For anyone that is interested, the posted online feedback submitted to the board is as follows regarding the question below:

Strongly Agree - 50
Somewhat Agree - 22
Somewhat Disagree - 13
Strongly Disagree - 133

I know some won't like the data, because it's not "complete" since every hunter in the state didn't submit a response. Don't shoot the messenger just figured some may like to see the tally.
…and all 200 of those dudes are right here. It’s almost like nobody cares.

Strongly Agree - 50
Somewhat Agree - 22
Somewhat Disagree - 13
Strongly Disagree - 133

I strongly disagree with the drafted recommendations.

That doesn’t mean I’m only for keeping things the way they are. These surveys are pretty worthless in actually capturing public sentiment. At the central RAC meeting, there were 20 people that showed up and commented on the tech recommendations. 18 against, only 2 for.

However, at least half of those that spoke against indicated in their comment that they’d be fine with something like a 1-4 magnification max regulation. That wasn’t an option of the feedback. But if you tallied what the comments really said, over half of those that cared enough to show up and talk were in favor of some sort of taming technology on the top of muzzleloaders, just not going away from them entirely.

The data is much more nuanced than what we are seeing. But the good part about this is the debate is almost over. (HOPEFULLY!!!)

I strongly disagree with the drafted recommendations.

That doesn’t mean I’m only for keeping things the way they are. These surveys are pretty worthless in actually capturing public sentiment. At the central RAC meeting, there were 20 people that showed up and commented on the tech recommendations. 18 against, only 2 for.

However, at least half of those that spoke against indicated in their comment that they’d be fine with something like a 1-4 magnification max regulation. That wasn’t an option of the feedback. But if you tallied what the comments really said, over half of those that cared enough to show up and talk were in favor of some sort of taming technology on the top of muzzleloaders, just not going away from them entirely.

The data is much more nuanced than what we are seeing. But the good part about this is the debate is almost over. (HOPEFULLY!!!)

I used some emerging, (emerged?), ahhh it's all semantics anyway..... tech to tally the totals quickly out of my own curiosity, and as I doubt most want to go through 376 pages, I though it was worth sharing. I read some, not all, of the additional feedback below each of type of answer and I can tell you, I truly enjoy reading, and I didn't finish them. Not sure if the WB members would/will either.

I totally agree with you Vanilla. Just because someone disagrees, doesn't mean that they are for another stance. I feel that way in many regards, this topic and others. It is simply asking how you feel about the drafted recs. I didn't imply it meant anything more, or less, than that. I especially agree with your last sentence. Good banter is always entertaining, but this one has been long winded.

Back to 1x and red dot scopes. I figured this would be the outcome.

I haven't tuned into the whole meeting just logged on in time to see the vote.

Honestly if this had been the proposal from the TC I don't think there would have been near as much heartburn for people.

Honestly if this had been the proposal from the TC I don't think there would have been near as much heartburn for people.

Hey. Publically Jake. Thanks.

I'm sure we will be on the same side down the road, but thanks for donating your time to the RAC.

I agree.

1x and red dot are where it was, and where it should stay

I stood alone, but prevailed 💪

I do agree with you though and that is exactly my reasoning for voting "No" on the complete removal.

Last edited:
Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom