Nebraska success

X7ahunter

Colorado 3rd season was a bust. Cousin wanted to hunt from the pickup, grandpa didn't want us to hunt too far apart from one another and it just turned out sour. Left Wednesday and headed back home to Nebraska. Found a muley of epic proportions dead on the highway just south of the Valentine refuge, which unfortunately I didn't get a picture of. Thursday morning, head to town and switched my residency over to Nebraska. Bought the state wide whitetail buck tag that is season choice and an antlerless season choice tag. Tried to kill a buck the last few days of rifle but just couldn't get it done, well at least on a buck with antlers worth mentioning. Sunday the refuge biologist invited me along to go hunt antlerless deer on a ranch adjacent to the Refuge.

Ended up killing this button buck and a doe, that I didn't get a picture of. First time every killing two in one year, let alone two in one day!

Still have my buck tag that's valid for archery and black powder until the end of the year, along with a doe permit that's open until January and a either sex archery permit that's valid for both Mule deer and whitetail and is open until the end of the year.

received_2189112117894971.jpeg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom