Need a hunting trip to B.C.

NevadaJames

I am currently a deployed soldier to Afganistan with the United States Army. I will have some time available in Oct for a total of (15days) leave midtour. I am trying to get as much help as possible due to the fact of my location in the country. I'm pretty far out and my internet goes out all the time due to indirect mortar fire so I only get to check my emails so often.I am looking for any kind of hunt in B.C. I've never been and the military is buying my flight anywhere I want to go for leave.I would really like to hunt either Mountain Goat or a Moose. I'm not sure if anybody has any info on a outfitter or anybody that might now someone that I can talk too.I'm just trying to get some prices right now to see if its even possible because I know how much these hunts go for. And lets face it Army guys dont make that much money. I've saved up about $8,000 already but I would have to buy all my gear while I was there(especially a weapon)if anybody could help me I would greatly appreciate it.Thanks for your time and please save me some animals to hunt when I return home. LOL

NVJames

I would look into Stone Mountain Safaris great outfitter and very honest people. Do a great job for you. See website below. I would talk to Leif and see what he has open. You can send me a PM if you need anymore info.

www.stonemountainsafaris.com

Thanks,

3QtrSlamRam

+1

I hunted Stone sheep and Moose with Stone Mountain Safaris. The country is quite game-rich. The scenery is fantastic and their prices are reasonable.....all things considered. I had a great experience with them.

Best of luck in Afghanistan. I was looking into that country from the Tajikistan border in Dec 2008. It was a little scary to be right there, right then!

Zeke

I have recieved some good info on the B.C. trip that I am planning. I just would like to say Thanks for the good info you gave me.Hope to see you on the hillside.

Check out Kawdy Outfitters as well. I have hunted with Bart and Stan Lancaster many times. They offer, goat, stone sheep, mtn caribou, moose and many other species at their other camps.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-15-11 AT 08:05PM (MST)[p]Hey NevadaJ,
I just got through watching a BC Mt. Goat hunt on Christensen Outdoors. They went with a guy named Bracewell, but they said if anyone is interested in a goat hunt to contact them on their website and they would set up the hunt for them.
Who knows, with you being a serviceman they might even work something out for you. Anyway, if you are interested contact them at Christensenarms.com. Their website is listing a 2 on 1 hunt for $6500. Who knows, maybe they would even put you on TV. LOL
Thanks man and Good Luck

And maybe since your sacrificing for us Christensen Arms could step up to the plate and at least borrow you a weapon. Good luck and thanks for your service

Amen to what has been said and thanks for your service! I hope everything works out and you have a great hunt. Stay low and be safe over there!!!

Hey I would just like to say Thank You to everyone out there who gae me some great info. I looked up Christensenarms.com I think that would work for me. I sent them an e-mail but havent recieved anything back yet.Thanks again Littlebighorn and Catman,Topgun you guys did give me some great links to check up with. Hopefully they reply back to me so that I can speak with someone in person. And start the ball rolling.I honestly dont mind if I dont harvest an animal this year. I just want the experience of going on the hunt. I really miss just going out in the mountains with my dog and just walking around or stting on a rock face looking down a valley without any worries of recieving small arms fire or explosions. I just want some peace and quiet with mother nature.

also look at mvp dean and katie roe they do moose, bison, goats , wt deer, mule deer stone sheep and big horns and grizz

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom