Need some Advice PLEASE!!!!!

FishlakeElkHunter

Very Active Member
OK, So I have been trying to get motivated to lose the extra 40lbs I have been carrying around the last few years. I do good for a while and then get back to my old habits. I really want to do something about it. I travel for a living and it is especially hard.

Well my wife and I were discussing this and she told me that if I can get to my goal weight by July and do a Sprint Triathlon with her, that she will buy me a $5000 hunt for whatever I want.

SOOOOO....I think that is pretty good motivation!

Now here is where I need some advice from all you loudmouths (I mean professionals) haha

If you had $5000 to go spend on a hunt.....what would you do and why?????????

Canada mule deer hunt! I would take a mule deer over any other species. You might even be able to kill a wolf while your there.

Rub some dirt on it, ya sissy!

Caribou. Although you might run a little over budget.

For loosing your 40 pounds try Crossfit.com

Take out more than you brought in!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-31-10 AT 04:51PM (MST)[p]Africa. if you'be been there it needs no explanation.

FLEH, $125 per pound....that's what I call motivation!

I would do a Sitka blacktail hunt in Alaska.

Good luck to you on the diet!

Eel

Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

Don't take it the wrong way, but I love your wife....seriously though what a gal to motivate you like that. You're a real loser if you don't kick arss and get r done. Check out Adventure Races also...kinda like a sprint tri but more fun IMO. If I had the 5K thrown my way I would seperate into 2 or 3 DIY type drop camps for the critters I love hunting the most. For me it's elk in the middle of nowhere. Good luck gettin' r done. Let us know if you're a real loser.

HK

HK....Thanks man! I think I have the greatest wife in the world too! She just said she wants me to be healthier and if that is what it takes to motivate me then ok!

I read to her what you wrote and she really laughed!!! She said I need to be a loser and lose the weight!! Gotta love her!

Right now I am thinking about a Caribou hunt. I think you can do one in Canada and maybe shoot two of them for the 5k? I guess I need to get my butt busy before I start spending the money though huh!!!

Man you better get ur fat arss in shape to chase Caribou across that barren landscape. That's on my list one day too. Good luck with whatever you choose.

HK

40 lbs in 6 months.....that's gonna be a tough one. The first 2o will probably come off no problem....it's the last 20 that will be difficult. I wish you luck.

Have you thought of a cool fishing trip? Maybe down to Costa Rica for tarpon....or Peacock Bass......what about Mexico for big largemouth bass? Just a thought...

Steve

Papa Bear adventures, Moose hunt. You can do it for $5k from door to door, including shipping your antlers and some meat back.
Seriously don't go on a hunt for everyone on this website though, go on a hunt for yourself and what you want to harvest/see.
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Namibia in africa has the cheapest safaris. The accomodations aren't the 12 star resorts of South Africa but it feels just like home with showers and all. For 5 grand you should be able to have a fully guided hunt for 7 days and kill about 7 animals which would include a cape kude, an oryx, springbok and other animals. airfare is ab out 900 so i would say africa

Sounds kinda like your counting your chickens before they hatch. Worry about getting into the best shape of your life first. A marathon is no small task. I second the recommendation on Crossfit. I lost over 30 lbs in just a few months, increased strength, and aerobic capacity significantly. Look for a Crossfit affiliate near you and "drink the Kool-Aid" as I like to say. Some people think its expensive but I don't think you can afford not to do it.

Now for a hunt...I would keep an eye open for a conservation tag here in Utah. There were some pretty good deals last year relatively speaking. I would much rather buy an awesome tag and go DIY than some of the forementioned ideas.

Thanks for all the ideas guys. I knew I could count on some great ideas and some real smart ass ideas! I counted on it.

My wife is being really supportive and I know the 40 lbs is going to be difficult. More than anything I just want to get back in fighting shape and be a LOT more healthy than I am right now.

And just for clarification, I am NOT running a marathon. I would rather die. What we signed up to do is a Sprint Triathlon. It is here in Richfield and is just made for some fun. It is a 1/4 miles swim..in a pool. Then a 13 mile bike ride and a 3 mile run. I am not worried about how fast I finish, just that I DO finish. It will be something fun to train for to spend time with my wife....and yes...she will kick my butt!!!

Thanks for all the Hunt ideas. I almost booked an Africa hunt for this July, but backed out and a friend took his Dad instead. It is for sure on my list though!! I just want to go on a really fun hunt. I am open to all kinds of animals and my wish list is HUGE and LONG!!!!! I am even thinking of a Wing Shooting trip to MX or Argentina.

I got some of the emails that were sent and will be sending replys! Thanks guys!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom