Nevada 184 desert bighorn

mlg

I was lucky enough to draw this tag. If willing, I would like to hear from others who know anything about the unit. Thanks in advance.

We had a client in 184 in 2013 and he took a 162 7/8 ram (was actually a little bigger when I scored it) and that is the biggest ram to come out of there in years so you will probably not be looking at a book ram. I really like the area but others would disagree with me. In 2012 3 out of 7 hunters did not kill a ram, in 2013 1 out of 4 did not kill, and in 2014 2 out of 5 did not kill which low success for a sheep hunt in Nevada. We saw plenty of rams but this is what we do for a living. I don't think you will have a problem if you are a really good at glassing and put your time in scouting. We scouted it a lot and had several good rams located and took this one opening day. Good luck and enjoy your hunt!

68022013mikeleonardi2.jpg

Cary Jellison
www.gandjoutdoors.com
www.nevadasheepoutfitters.com
530-263-0492

Congratulations, great tag to have, sheep numbers are down in that area whether it is, predators, drought or them crossing into other areas but there is some great genes in that unit. We have harvest a 165 7/8 and several in the 164+ range. Be scouting the unit heavily for Deer and Antelope.

Rob
Nevada Outfitters

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom