Nevada archery question?

Dikndirt

Hoping to get a little advice on which Nevada unit to apply for. I have 2 points and have narrowed my choices down to unit 7 or unit 10. Early archery. I have been in the rubys before and liked the high country, less familiar with 7,any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Dik

Me personally I am a rubies fan, but I never hunted area 7 so take it for what its worth. You shouldnt need any points to draw unit 10? That area is 100% draw. The rubies holds big bucks which are easy to find not as easy to get to. Get up high as possible and glass. You will have no problem locating good bucks, but the hunt will wear you out real quick. I dont care how good of shape youre in. I always include area 10 in my choices so I draw my deer every year

You loose your points with any draw. I hunted Unit #7 years ago with a muzzleloader. I went scouting several times during the bow hunt. I seen some great bucks in my scouting trips. Then the sheep was brought in and they all Left. I've also hunted the Ruby's with a muzzleloader. I really had a fun hunt, but if I was going to hunt with a bow, I'd take Unit #7 over the rubys. I never seen a bow hunter in #7 during my scouting trips.

I am leaning toward 7. Thanks for the info. I hope I can draw this year, the non-res point cost turns an archery hunt into an expensive proposition.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-09-12 AT 09:17AM (MST)[p]:eek: Piper!How could you say such a thing about ten! Everyone knows that when you give out over 2,000 tags for an area. And we all go hunt the same places there are 200'' racks everywhere! Please try not to be so miss leading ;-)

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom