New member of NRA-WHY?

So does this person want assault weapons? That's been the topic lately. Around here you're either for assault weapons or completely antigun it seems. None here are antigun unless you listen to the wingnuts.

I don't own an "assault" rifle and probably never will. I am not really "pro" assault rifles.

But I am ANTI making a law that does only lip service, puts companies out of business and doesn't do what its stated purpose is. Banning a gun because of its stock configuration is just dumb. Here is a good link that sums up my feelings on the subject.

http://www.assaultweapon.info/?fb_a...0151171619046750":"og.likes"}&action_ref_map=[]

Banning an assualt rifle makes as much sense as banning the sale of tan trucks because they cause more accidents than any other color automobile.

The ulitmate "assault" gun in my mind is a pistol. Certainly from Conn's kids standpoint.

We give up some safety to be free.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Great link Txhunter58.

I don't understand the "give up some safety to be free" comment though but I maybe I am misunderstanding it.
There is no way guns will leave this country, ever so if we give up any freedom with guns it is way more hazardous and life threatening to the lawful person.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

"We give us some safety to be free"

What I mean is that the government is not 100% responsible for "protecting" us from all bad. We are responsible for some of our own protection.

When you don't allow the government to know what you are doing and when you are doing it, sometimes there are people who do bad things. If we buy and own fertilizer or guns without the governtment's knowledge or consent, there is the possibliity that we may use it for death and destruction.

Confiscate all the guns, and put us under marshall law and there would be less crime and murders! (with guns at least)

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom