New Mex update on Bear

E

edhunter

This is a response from Bill Dunn, New Mexico's bear biologist. My question "What is the season going to look like this year".

"This Thursday, we will find out if the Commission wants to open the regulation for revision. If so, we have a 60 day period to change it. Right now, I would imagine they will open it, but I have no idea what changes will come about. I do think the August part of the season will be closed if anything is indeed changed. Stay tuned to our website for details
on how to give input."

If I understand this there will be some discussion on Thursday on the re-opening of the regulation. If they re-open it there will be a 60 day period to give input. Ol Ed plans on sending a little note with my feelings. Naturally in a situation like this I'm torn between too many bears getting killed or letting the stupid "Yogi Lovers" take all reason and management out of the plan. What I would like to see is a single tag, a August quota by unit for harvest and the October-November to stay the same. Just thought from a guy willing to spend $166 every year just to run bears in New Mexico.

Ed, www.swhounds.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom