New Mexico 21b team up.

Norman13

I've got a sep 1 archery either sex elk tag in 21b. I had a buddy that was going to go along with me but unfortunately for him he wrecked up his knee and probably won't be able to make the trip. I'm putting out this feeler to see if anyone else has the same tag I do would like to team up. Heck, even if you don't have a tag and would like to go that's a possibility as well.

I'm very new to hunting anything larger than a raccoon and equally new at archery so keep that in mind. Not expecting much interest but thought I'd toss it out there.

Thanks
Norman

A lot of the unit burned along with 21a. I haven't even kept up on whether Forest access has been opened up, but go scouting as soon as you can. I too have other obligations, but the elk will have either moved out of the burn areas for better pastures, or if the burn wasn't severe they may well have moved back in to catch the new green sprouts after the rains we've been getting. You won't know which until you make a scouting trip.

I just looked again and didn't realize the fire actually missed most of 21B. But still, elk may have moved out of 21A into 21B because of the fire, or vice versa. Need to make a trip to see which.

I just looked again and didn't realize the fire actually missed most of 21B. But still, elk may have moved out of 21A into 21B because of the fire, or vice versa. Need to make a trip to see which.
I'm trying to get out there for a look around in the next week or two. I'm thinking about going out to a ranch a little north west of Monticello that is part of the "unit wide" program or whatever it's called.

Be aware you aren't allowed to access private land in that program except during your hunt, although you could certainly hike around it and glass onto it if feasible. Good luck!

Be aware you aren't allowed to access private land in that program except during your hunt, although you could certainly hike around it and glass onto it if feasible. Good luck!
The web site says you may only scout up to 2 days in advance:(

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom