New Mtn Goat Picts

borntohunt

Hey guys I had the chance to get a few more pictures this past weekend. I posted them in the Goat forum, but got very little response, so I am going to post them here. This goat was just over 500 yards away, the pictures are still shots through my camcorder/spotting scope. I am quite new with mtn goats, and for this reason am not sure if this is a good Billie for Utah. Anyone know how this Billie would measure up? Is he big, average, or small? One guy in the other forum guessed the horns to be about 9 1/2 inches long, Is this good?

Any information would be great, I know that I am many years from drawing a Goat tag in Utah, but am interested in learning more about these animals. I have found a couple of good spots to watch them. This goat was all by himself, in some very rugged terrain.

thanks guys borntohunt

Big%20Billie1.jpg

Big%20Billie18.jpg

Big%20Billie20.jpg

Big%20Billie21.jpg

Big%20Billie22.jpg

I think that looks like a VERY mature goat... He has nice looking horns, large beard, and the see how thick the coat is around the legs? Makes him look like he's wearing a pair of bermuda shorts!! My brother in law has a full body mount of a goat and this one looks bigger than his. Cool pictures!
GlomDawg

Yep, that's a nice billy.

If I ever get a permit, that'll be about the horn length and body of my goal.

berto

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom