New Orleans Food

WVHUNTER

Very Active Member
I didn't cook this but I was in new Orleans last week. My first time staying there. The food there is fantastic.

One is a blackened bay fish, drum, with crawfish, deep fried mashed potato and greens. The other is a crawfish pasta.

20220330_182206.jpg

20220330_182212.jpg

Naw'lins and only two meals? Where's the étouffée, courtbouilon, or light seafood in nage?? I'd be eating it for breakfast!!

Those are the only ones I took a photo of. I was just there three days. I was just easing into the food. But I’m ready to go back.

I had fried oysters, red beans and rice, and greens. I was at the WW2 museum at lunch time and thought this is probably the worst place New Orleans to have lunch. But I went into a bar and grill in the museum and had the best shrimp po-boy I’ve ever had.

When I go back I need to try some peal and eat crawfish, Spicy shrimp and grits and lots of other things to try. Didn’t even have any gumbo.

A lot of these were just little hole in the wall restaurants with people waiting outside for a table.

Nice.

yummy9.gif

I've driven through NO several times but never ate any of the food. Had a Cajun guy that lived there on a turkey hunt in MO, though, and he made us shrimp gumbo. It was tasty, but I'm not real big on okra.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom