New Requirement for Non Res Applications?

ironranger

I haven't put in yet for points but a friend called me who was applying for elk/muley points and said that they appear to be requiring you to hold a qualifying hunting license before applying. I know Utah did that years ago with requiring a small game so just thought I'd ask to confirm....

Been that way since last year. Confirmed. Small game, habitat stamp, app fee, all nonrefundable to apply.

I just finished my Colorado non res deer application.With the small game license the habitat stamp and application fee It cost $109 to apply for deer.
That does not include the cost of the deer license if I get drawn. I think that’s over $400 now for non-resident.
Total cost to get a deer tag in Colorado for a non-resident will be $510

I am hoping for a little clarification on “turned back tags” and second draw tags. I am not sure if I am using the correct terminology. But, before this year there was a turned back or un-claimed tag list that you could watch. If you had super-fast blazing internet speed and hit it just right you could maybe score one of those tags, then purchase your license (I think).

Now it appears there is a “second drawing” system that has been implemented and to be eligible for that draw you must buy the non-refundable license up front. Are my assumptions correct or did you always have to buy a license up front? Has the turned back tag system gone away?

There will be vary few "turned back tags" on the second draw, as the 1st draw payment deadline is june 19 and the second draw begins June 5th. They're will still be re issue tags when leftovers go on sale in August. The qualifying license for the second draw is new as the second draw is now open to anyone, not just 1st draw applicants.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom