New Year's Eve Surf and Turf

Blank

Long Time Member
Since the wife doesn't do fish/seafood/game/spicy this is a good combo for us on special occasions. I benefitted from all the Holiday seafood sales, and she ended up with a Prime Filet!! Welcome to Margeritaville. :)

IMG_3404.jpeg

IMG_3405.jpeg

IMG_3407.jpeg

They almost need to be a meal in themselves, and swimming in marinara! Miss him and his comments

I agree that might be the best dish you've ever posted! How did you cook the lobster and shrimp, if you don't mind me asking? Thanks

Shrimp was scampi style in butter, garlic, and spicy cajun seasoning (hence the orange color). Lobster and large ocean scallops only took about 3-4 minutes in the broiler on one side, then turned and 3 minutes on top. I did the bacon half way, so it would be perfect when the scallop was done.

Shrimp was scampi style in butter, garlic, and spicy cajun seasoning (hence the orange color). Lobster and large ocean scallops only took about 3-4 minutes in the broiler on one side, then turned and 3 minutes on top. I did the bacon half way, so it would be perfect when the scallop was done.
These little tricks you share are the real genius to great taste Chef Blank.

Here’s what I can never figure out…….we all buy the same ingredients, some make it taste like crap (or carp) and a few make it taste amazing. It’s a fact and a perplexing one, especially when you go out to dinner. It seems to have gotten much worse in most restaurants, in the last five to ten years.

It’s a roll of the dice what kind of meal your going to get anymore, even from the old reliable cafe/restaurants. ?

Thanks Blank! So you broiled the LB tails and Scallops in just a regular oven? It looks like there is a sauce or something over the lobster as well or am I seeing things? Thanks

Thanks. It helps to start out liking to eat, and realizing that cooking it right saves you time and money. Then it becomes fun. Unless you are going to a teppanyaki restaurant for the show (think Benihana's), most people never see their food until it is delivered to their table. Generally, if the cook takes the time to plate it nicely, he cares enough to cook it right also. Look at the grill also. A real grill master treasures his, and keeps it spotless and in good shape. Some diners and cafes have real griddle artists back there.

And speaking of carp, it is really good if from clean fresh water and you take the time to get the two rows of bones removed, and discard the red meat from a filet. Since X-Mas just finished, a lot of people don't realize it is one of the most eaten meats for X-Mas Eve dinner! Poland, Slovakia, and the Czech Republic are known for this traditional meal. I may have to do this, come Spring time. :)

KB: Just drizzled the scampi butter over them, as plain white lobster meat isn't real attractive.

Thanks, I thought it looked like the scampi sauce. Sorry for the question again but you just broiled the tails in a regular oven for 3-4 minutes a side? Thanks

Yes. These were the small 4-5 oz tails, and don't take very long at all. I find if you boil them, they get a little tougher. I take my poultry shears, cut the top shell back to the tail. Cook them and then take my filet knife and go around the meat, inside the shell, and pull it out the top to look pretty! :0

Great thanks! You always make it look so easy :) I have grilled the little LB tails like those before but never knew if I cooked them to much or not enough? I have heard the broiled ones in the oven turn out great. Thanks for the info, hard to beat bacon wrapped scallops too :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom