New York Yankees

LAST EDITED ON Oct-11-05 AT 03:35PM (MST)[p]I so much hope they lose, I can't stand the Yankees. The neat thing is my 8 year old played on the Angels this last summer so he is really getting into this world series thing since the Angels are in there. Last night was the first time I have seen an 8 year old sit in front of the TV to watch a 2-3 hour baseball game and he was into as well.
dutch
" Man who excels at putting worm on hook is Master Baiter"

Oh boy, here come the Yankee haters. It takes money to make money and the Yankees have plenty of it. They only ones to blame are the fans, if people keep paying to sell out every stadium the Yankees play in, they will continue to have money to burn. If your team doesn't have a big payroll, blame your owner.

http://www.onestopbaseball.com/TeamPayroll.asp

Rut

YA CANT BUY A CHAMPIONSHIP, THE YANKMES HAVE PROVEN IT 5 YEARS RUNNING. THIS YEARS PAYROLL STARTED AT 208 MILLION, ENDED AT 242 MILLION. BASEBALL NEEDS A SALRY CAP TO SAVE ALL TEAMS FROM THE YANKS, LOOK AT THEIR LINEUP --THEY HAVE BOUGHT UP EVERY GOOD PLAYER IN SIGHT. WHEN THE YANKS LOOSE, ITS GOOD FOR BASEBALL--SENDS A MESSAGE. YD.

Yankee fans are frontrunners. How hard is it when you basically have an all-star team? I have been a Reds fan since I was a wee lad. It's hard to watch the small market teams suffer because they don't have the money that George Steinbrener has. baseball needs a change. Go anyone but the Yankees and Braves. Oh thats right they both lost. Haha.

I am glad the Yankee's lost. Im more of a Mariner's fan myself. When will it be our turn to make the post season?

Doesn't matter to me...I have been a Yankee fan since 1964 when they were in the cellar. Not gonna change because some folks don't like how they do business. 26 WS rings isn't bad.

I wish they - management - would do things differently...use their farm system, bring players up like they did more of in the 90s.

HOLD ON NOW, YOUR SAYING THEY HAVE A FARM SYSTEM/HAVE THEY EVER USED A PLAYER OUT OF IT??? THEY HAVE ALSO PAID FOR ALOT OF CHAMPIONSHIPS THEY HAVE NOT WON. THEY DO HAVE THE RIGHT PULLING THE FINANCIAL STRINGS, HIS NAME IS CASH -MAN. YD.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-14-05 AT 07:35AM (MST)[p]I guess you don't follow baseball much. Who in baseball hasn't paid for a championship.?

Don't like the Yankees - big deal - your insults won't change anyone's mind.
Cashman will likely be gone after this year...too bad Steinbrenner won't....he is the guy who is at fault.

TAKE IT EASY, ITS NOT WORTH GETTIN WORKED UP OVER. JUST THROWIN OUT GENERAL OBSERVATIONS. THE FACT IS THE YANKS HAVE SPENT 777 MILLION DOLLARS ON PLAYERS SINCE THE 2000 SEASON. EXAMPLE: THE PIRATES HAVE SPENT 554 MILLION SINCE 1979, YES THE YANKS ARE STILL TRYING TO BUY CHAMPIONSHIPS. THIS IS EXACTLY WHY PEOPLE THINK THEY ARE BAD FOR BASEBALL, THATS FACT. ITS ONLY BASEBALL, NOT HUNTING--- GOOD LUCK TO THE YANKS/ GOOD LUCK IN THE FIELD. YD. (I AM A BASEBALL FANATIC).

Yea, you are right...sorry for the post. I started liking them when they were terrible...porbably not gonna quit.

I don't like the way they are headed....Steinbrenner has gutted the farm system all for trying to buy the ring. It is not right...gotta agree with you on that. I don't like the drugs in baseball either.

I have a picture of Dwight Gooden, when he was in his prime, at the Astrodome. My shutter speed was not fast enough; the ball was still a blur coming out of his hand.

Met pete rose at a camp...he is an ass. Met Nolan Ryan and Ron Guidry....good guys.

Good luck to you, YD.

If ya are ever in central CA and wanna see some neat stuff on a Navy base, shoot me a pm.

I hear what you guys are saying, I've been an angels fan since their inception, I made a futures wager on them the year they won the World series that paid off handsomely, that was before their new owner who is now doing some of what Stienbrenner is doing.
I think two of the purest teams out west are the Mariners & the Athletics, because of the way they conduct business. Kind of looking like horse racing now where the richest guys buy the best horses/players. Oh well, I'll still take baseball over basketball any day of the week.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-16-05 AT 04:10PM (MST)[p]South of you in Lemoore.

Was first here in 75, came back for two tours...this will be my last. Don't spend too much time up north...once in awhile I will go to the Silver Dollar Hofbrau for lunch. best to you too.

OH YEA, THATS A GOOD WATERING HOLE/ GOOD FOOD TOO. THANKS FOR SERVING, WE ALL APPRICIATE YOUR EFFORTS, THE CAUSE,AND YOUR TIME. YD.

Say what you want to say, but the greatest team in all of sports and sports history always has been and always will be the NEW YORK YANKEES!! There is just something about the magic and history that surrounds the team, that makes you love baseball even more. I was born a Yankees fan and I'll die a Yankees fan!

SCOTT

>Say what you want to say,

I say if George Stienbreener was not such a prick, I may not have such a hard time with the Yankees.
I respect your loyalty to your team, they just ain't my team, & threw my lens it ain't magic they got its money + a dic-head at the helm.

I hate the Yankees. I root for whoever they play against. Jeter is a pretty boy, A-Rod is overpaid, Giambi has a fat steroid head, and the greatest thing I ever saw was when the Red Sox took it to them last year.

Piss on the Yankees and Raiders. Piss on them!;-)

ktc,
You are my hero. I hate the Yankees and Raiders too. Now if you say that you hate the Lakers, although I don't follow basketball as much, I might get giddy.

I hate the Spurs. Playoff contender without Duncan, they sandbag and sit the stars on the bench, get the number one pick, now they are really good. Go Utard Spazz. If Sloan can just get those guys to pass and dribble for 23 seconds and get a shot under 10 feet whether it is good or not maybe they will win 30 games. Maybe Williams can make a mistake during his learning curve and sit the bench for 40 plus games. Come on Spazz!

44135f7775575820.jpg

theeeeeeeee yankeesssssss winnnnn the yankeessss winnnn :) liked when they sucked , liked when they win ,,, bought a team ? can you say florida marlins ? :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom