newmexico lays the wood to non residents in

feduptwo

For those of you not following a recent court decision now allocates zero sheep tags to non residents. This same decision will also change the allocation to <1% for ibex and oryx permits. Can't wait to reciprocate next year. I think we should put in our law that all nm For moose and sheep should be purged.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-26-14 AT 09:14PM (MST)[p]Go for it! I gave up on Wyoming sheep after several years of buying $7 points when they jacked the price to $100 a year for the non-residents. So, I feel real sorry for you. Maybe I can now draw in my own state. BTW, how many Ibex and Oryx tags has Wyoming ever offered non-residents? So, why do you deserve any of ours? You can keep your moose and feed them to the wolves. I'm already tired of all the crying about something that should have happened years ago. I never liked some of Wyoming's laws (guides required in the wilderness for example), but all the states have issues and we all have to live with them. (Actually, I love Wyoming and might live there some day. I wish all states would do away with quotas and points, and raffles, and auctions and governor's tags.)

maxxbob1,

Just curious how many bison, mountain goat, and shiras moose tags New Mexico has ever offered non-residents?

So why do you deserve any of ours?

BTW, New Mexico could give their sheep tags to NR's for the next 50 years and never come close to the number of sheep tags WY gives NR's...and thats a fact.

Yep. Recently NM has forced me to never ever bother hunting in that state. Give it a bit and the state will e so screwed up. Lack of NR hunters will mean total lack of budget.... Not to mention seeing post where residents were breaking into people's camps and stealing antlers in New Mexico...

Not all nonresident hunters are as unappreciative for the chance to enjoy Wyoming as madmaxx is! His comments were way out of line and short-sighted.

The NM residents don't realize that it will only increase their odds a little tiny bit while increasing their costs greatly.

I, for one, appreciate what Wyoming had done and understand why they'd be as P'd off as anyone for what just happened in NM.

Help us all,
Zeke

NM residents should be happy they get better odds on a few species while they fail to address the real issue of landowner and outfitter welfare tags that take away much more opportunity than this. I agree the law was messed up and needed to be fixed. Seems they could have waited until 2015 to make the change to avoid some of the drama.
Let's see the residents stand up to the wealthy few that actually run the state and control your wildlife then they can jump on the internet and type smack.

New Mexico reminds me a lot of old Mexico in that it's corrupt.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-27-14 AT 04:56PM (MST)[p]> For those of you not
>following a recent court decision
>now allocates zero sheep tags
>to non residents. This same
>decision will also change the
>allocation to <1% for ibex
>and oryx permits. Can't
>wait to reciprocate next year.
> I think we should
>put in our law that
>all nm For moose and
>sheep should be purged.

Not going to defend what happened, or certainly the timing of the court decision, but you are wrong about the ibex and oryx permit allocations. NR will get 6%, and outfitted hunts (NR & R, but typically mostly NR) will get 10%, same as the allocation for all other big game permits in NM. Hopefully the issue with sheep tags will get resolved so next year there will be some tags available for NR. There is just nothing in the way the current law is written that allows them to allocate tags to NR when there are so few for each hunt.

Just FYI the past few years NR have drawn roughly half of the sheep tags in NM because there was no quota applied. A couple of years ago NR drew 15 of the 16 available desert bighorn tags.

Don't worry we'll reciprocate next year. The cat is out of the bag now. I was just joking about banning NM residents from the draw I don't blame them for wanting a reasonable split for non residents. Wyoming is in the same place

LAST EDITED ON Mar-28-14 AT 02:14PM (MST)[p]
>I was just joking about
>banning NM residents from the
>draw I don't blame them
>for wanting a reasonable split
>for non residents. Wyoming
>is in the same place
>

Um, it didn't sound like a joke. You sounded PO'd and rightfully so. I'm not a NM res and was plenty mad when we found out that things changed!
We are all non-residents everywhere but 1 State and we all hate it when we're lead down the road only to find the distance to the destination has dramatically changed!
Zeke

LAST EDITED ON Mar-28-14 AT 03:52PM (MST)[p]+1 Zeke.....

That is our boy 'Screw Everybody' else for him..to get a harvest in Wyo.

It must suck for him to always have a non-ressy kill his ressy animal before he does......

No doubt he will have multiple Boone & Crocket species harvest with his screw the $$$ non-ressy tag guys.

True---only if some non-ressy's don't wonder 2 miles?? into his wilderness hunt....got any pic's of them guys??

It just never ends with these 'type guys' does it.....poor me----I need all the tag help I can get-----me, me, me, me only me......goofballs.

Robb

I apologize - sometimes I am a goofball. I was trying to mock the "outrage"; I realize that was insensitive and I realize many people on here take all this very seriously. In my case I'm getting so old I'll probably never draw one of our Desert Sheep licenses, but it's not "fair" when 15 out of 16 go to non-residents. But that may not have been due to the draw, as someone mentioned above, New Mexico is corrupt, and I suspect there was a lot of money paid out (under the table) to hunt those herds for the first time. New Mexico's 6% quota is not reasonable and there should be no set aside for the wealthy who can pay a guide to get a tag. I apply in Wyoming, Montana and Colorado, and I wouldn't want to only have a 6% quota. Personally, I would like to see 25% so some of my NR friend could come hunt with me once in a while. I don't like point systems, and at least the NR hunters aren't getting screwed out of draw odds while sitting on a pile of points. So, I really don't have much outrage when it comes to Sheep tags that are so few I'll never draw. But the biggest problem that New Mexico has in my opinion is our elk tag and antelope tag gifts to landowners. This is also corruption - big time. I know of landowners that get "unit wide tags" and I have never seen an elk or antelope on their deeded property. We shouldn't be giving half the tags away outside the draw. If we could get rid of the landowner and outfitter set asides, we could give 25-30% of the tags to NR hunters and we would likely end up with a higher number of tags for the residents in the draw. Anyway, most of the guys that I offended (above), I have enjoyed your thoughtful posts for years and almost always agree with you, so I totally apologize for being stupid. maxxbob1

LAST EDITED ON Mar-28-14 AT 09:13PM (MST)[p]Well maxxbob1,
We all get stupid from time to time but I can assure you that for the guys like me who love everything about sheep and sheep hunting, it's almost deadly serious.
What NM did was beyond ridiculous. Ya, I know the whole timing, courts jazz but it's still ridiculous!
I'm getting a bit long in the toothe too so every opportunity I miss for sheep is perceived as one I can never make up.
I'm not a resident of Wyoming and I want those who feel screwed by NM to know that we were all In the same boat, not just them.
Thanks for the words. I'm sure they mean something positive to a few folks.
Zeke

I certainly am from the pro non-ressy crowd and enjoy helping out most anyone.

I guess it is I am more of a One Nation, Under God type of person that wants to share with many, for sure when it comes to western hunting opportunity.

No way am I in the doom and gloom crowd, it is always more about the experience and adventure with friends or family.

Robb

LAST EDITED ON Mar-29-14 AT 08:32AM (MST)[p]"One Nation, under God"
+1 Robb!

I always say "if we stand alone, we're sitting ducks".
Some people forget the safety we hunters have enjoyed by having numbers.
NM just lost the numbers and decided to stand alone. We'll see where that really gets them in the near future.u
Zeke

I always wanted to hunt the Gila. I quit applying when they required NRs a $65 general license to apply and only gave us a chance at 2% of the tags. Thought maybe I'd buy a landowner tag someday but prices keep going up and probably will never be in the budget. That's one reason I started applying to Wyoming.
+1 Robb, Zeke and others.
I'll be hunting Wyoming elk this year. Lets see if I get some great Wyoming hospitaility or will I get some of the same I should have drawn the tag BS too but at least Wyoming gave me a fair chance to draw the tag. Just wish everyone could draw there tag of choice every year.

A typical pleasedear post running his suck without any idea of how it really is.
I appreciate and value all nr hunters and treat nr with the same respect as any other hunter I come in contact with. I'm a nr every time I go out of state hunting.

I'm taking a nr on a pack trip thus year.

Two years ago I went and got a guides permit to take 2 nr's into wilderness after they resident they were supposed to go up with flaked on them.

I think the nr wilderness is silly and should be done away with.

With that being said Wyoming should afford the same split to residents as every other western state. When I see Ut, ID, MT, And the rest extend 20+% to non residents I will change my opinion. This has nothing to do with me hating nr's as some " know it alls" have stated.
And please dear I know I'll never be the same level of hunter as you as and your reputation has spread far and wide through the hallowed grounds of monster muleys but I hold my own And will do so without screwing non residents

Every western state gives 10% or less except wyoming and that's the point to my post is its time we (Wyoming residents) fall into line with the other states

LAST EDITED ON Apr-04-14 AT 04:56PM (MST)[p]"A typical pleasedear post running his suck without any idea of how it really is.
I appreciate and value all nr hunters and treat nr with the same respect as any other hunter I come in contact with. I'm a nr every time I go out of state hunting.

"I'm taking a nr on a pack trip thus year.

Two years ago I went and got a guides permit to take 2 nr's into wilderness after they resident they were supposed to go up with flaked on them.

I think the nr wilderness is silly and should be done away with.

With that being said Wyoming should afford the same split to residents as every other western state. When I see Ut, ID, MT, And the rest extend 20+% to non residents I will change my opinion. This has nothing to do with me hating nr's as some " know it alls" have stated.
And please dear I know I'll never be the same level of hunter as you as and your reputation has spread far and wide through the hallowed grounds of monster muleys but I hold my own And will do so without screwing non residents"

Are you ever sober when you post Eric?

Weak and the weakest that you have ever tried to change what you have already said Eric.

So do a simple handle search and your typed words are 100% Screw the other guy for your Me-Me-Me little man/state government lazy azz fat boy.

Robb

PS. I honked and waved at you clowns this week on 191....

I'm missing a few posts but I take it that someone is going to make the Wyoming NR's pay for what New Mexico did to us all.
Not cool!
Zeke

Please dear
you show me one post where I say anything negative about nonresidents. I make no secret that I will actively support changing the quota to 90/10 split for moose,sheep, bison and goats. Unless your referring to comments pertaining to this your completely off base which isn't unusual.
Like I said earlier I'm a nonresident in every other state I hunt. To the best of my recollection I enjoy those 90/10 (or less) splits in every state I apply for.

Buzz

Robb stole your lap dog if you want him back you better stroke him a little cause it appears Robb applied peanut butter to his $&&%.

Let's see........Friday night around 9pm.....your normal type plick post's....so I am guessing you would blow 1.2--1.4 and if it is PayDay Friday night then you would blow 1.6--2.0 this late in the evening.

Go sleep it off buddy....sleep it off.

Robb

Robb,

That would be .12-.14 (moving the decimal to the right would result in death). Your claims of giant bucks still roaming 102 would lead one to believe your the one with the drinking problem.

What claims to giant bucks in 102?

If you could read and retain you would see that I have max deer points because I with draw my application every May for 102 for the last 8 years.

Robb