Nice Herd of Elk with BIG Bulls WITH Video

J

jt00082

I watched this herd of elk near Salmon, ID. There were about 200 head of elk. Check out the videos!

Enjoy!

watched the videos, but i didnt see any BIG bulls, biggest one was maybe a 290, maybe i just didnt see em

Yeah there were 3 real nice bulls in there. 290 is pretty good for the Salmon area. That is pretty average for the Island Park area though. The thing that made me real happy is seeing all of the calves in the herd. There sure was A LOT of them. Almost every cow had a calf or two.

IDbones your an idiot! I havnt seen you postin a 300+ bull every year. Well probly because 300 is too small. Go down and join the Utards

Nice herd. I have the Unit 30 bull tag which opens on Thursday. Maybe we can find some big ones in the next month, and get a good 6x6.

Sorry i didnt know salmon area had such weak genetics. I was under the impression that part of idaho had great elk. On my mule deer hunt i saw a dozen bulls between 300 and 330. Ive elk hunted a total of 3 days in my life and shot a spike. It was delicious. And i dont think the size of bulls ive shot dictates what a BIG bull is idahoshedhead you douche

Honestly, who cares what it scores? To the OP, that was a big bull, so who am I to tell him it isn't. Sure, there are bigger bulls out there, but if it gets his blood pumping and gets him excited, then awesome I say.

A big bull to me is one I am happy to lay a tag on and stuff in my freezer. It's annoying to me scoring police at times to be honest.

Ok, gotta take off for my hunt :)

The biggest one may not score real high, but it is a 6x6 bull elk and I know several people would do/pay a lot to get a chance to shoot one like that. Including myself. I know I've gone out hunting several times and not seen anything close to that. It seems like you always see nice animals when you can't shoot them.

I gotta agree with IDbones. 270 or 280 Max. Your filming and camera steadiness could not be worse. One more thing, all of your posts, videos and pictures have been about, in, or next to a vehicle. I'm noticing a trend here...just saying... But thanks for sharing.

>Yeah there were 3 real nice
>bulls in there. 290
>is pretty good for the
>Salmon area. That is
>pretty average for the Island
>Park area though. The
>thing that made me real
>happy is seeing all of
>the calves in the herd.
> There sure was A
>LOT of them. Almost
>every cow had a calf
>or two.

Sorry, man, but a 290 bull is not average for Island Park. Maybe if you hunt the fenced in pay to shoot ranch on Meadow Creek, but not in the forest! I probably saw 40 branch antlered bulls this fall, and I doubt if 5 of them would have been 290 or bigger. I spend a lot of time up there.

Yes, in the first 2 videos I did not see a 290 bull. I am so nauseated after watching those, I can't hold on to watch the sequels.....

Sorry about the shaky videos guys. I definitely need to do something different to fix that. I'm going to start taking a big tripod. As far as me being next to a vehicle, I always bring a camera with me when I drive around the forest or when I go with others to drive around. I like to get the animals on video. I generally don't take my video camera with me when I hike (which is a lot), because I would either lose it or have it rain on me. In which case my wife would kill me. I hope you guys at least get some enjoyment from my videos. I'll work on making them better (and less shaky)!

Josh

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom