NM 1-114 lope tag drawn

schmalts

Drew this on my 3rd?? choice i guess. Have not had time to even look up the dates and how long the hunt is yet, will get at that later today. Any info on a place to start hitting the ground would be great as I never had the luck of drawing a lope tag in NM before and the 3 times I have elk hunted I never got into lope country so I need to start from ground zero. PM me please if you can help. Actually looking to see if anyone would like to shoot video on the hunt as well if your bored.... I have the camera!
Schmalts

I drew the same tag and I am in the same boat..never hunted them, but always wanted one good goat..i guess the next step is that we will be assigned a ranch to hunt..strange system, but it could be good..

Not much you can do as you will be assigned to a ranch. Head to the range and get dialed in... Congrats on the tags!

the way I read it is that you drew a public area hunt not the selected ranch hunt so you will be able to hunt any of the public lands if that is the case give me the call james provencio 505-264-3534

the way I read it is that you drew a public area hunt not the selected ranch hunt so you will be able to hunt any of the public lands if that is the case give me the call james provencio 505-264-3534

Sir Patrick:

You drew the August 23-25 tag. You WILL be assigned a ranch and will NOT be able to hunt public ground outside your assigned ranch.

Call me when you can, you lucky mate.

My pronghorn tag is for October 4-6.

"Hunt when you can - You're gonna' run out of health before you run out of money!"

I have hunted that Northeast area twice. You will be assigned to a ranch - you will get a map with the tag. My first hunt there was an area that was really flat with no cover. The antelope were running away if you could see them in the binoculars. I ended up getting one that was pretty average when someone in a truck spooked them and they ran in my direction, but it was a very, very long shot. The second hunt was on a small ranch that didn't have any antelope on it. I hunted all morning and covered the whole ranch a couple times. So I spent most of the afternoon tracking down a Game Warden to get re-assigned. He said the ranch I drew had antelope when they did the spring survey. He re-assigned me to a neighboring ranch that had a few small groups, and I was able to pick off a pretty good one. You never know what your going to get in the way of a ranch. I had one (Loveless Ranch by Ancho) where they didn't let anyone in until 6am, then you had to stay in a couple sections (square miles) that were fenced with sheep wire so the antelope couldn't get away. I've also had a ranch where the rancher treated me like I was part of the family. On one ranch I was the only public hunter. The other hunters there paid $2500 each for a guided hunt. I shot a really nice buck, and the guided hunters all shot little ones. But now I only archery hunt the antelope and I only get drawn about every three years. One thing about antelope hunting, its always fun. Good luck!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom