NM applications are in

NMPaul

Anybody else push the button and is day dreaming already?

All we drew were deer last year in NM.

Got some pretty sure things locked up for out of state this year, but, always count on NM for bread and butter. Last year it was just friends hunts, but, that was fun to.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-26-17 AT 12:23PM (MST)[p]>Anybody else push the button and
>is day dreaming already?
>
>All we drew were deer last
>year in NM.
>
>Got some pretty sure things locked
>up for out of state
>this year, but, always count
>on NM for bread and
>butter. Last year it
>was just friends hunts, but,
>that was fun to.

Mine have been in for a while now. I cannot wait for April 26th....
Good thing I have plenty of scouting, shed hunting, and Spring gobbler to keep my busy until that magical day!

Good luck.

>Thinking about waiting for AZ on
>the 17th.

We got an outside shot at elk in AZ, but, at least for us, NM tag is always welcome.

>
>Mine have been in for a
>while now. I cannot wait
>for April 26th....
>Good thing I have plenty of
>scouting, shed hunting, and Spring
>gobbler to keep my busy
>until that magical day!
>
>
>Good luck.

It wasn't very magical for us last year.

The family and I are all in. Last year will be pretty tough to beat! Good luck to everyone. Have been paying with $$, softens the unsuccessful blow a little to get $$ back instead of just going back on a cc.

I thought I'd wait another week and get on next month CC cycle. Also might wait for AZ results before doing elk.

0 for 2 so far. Got 4 more apps in, will get the rest done this week. Went 0 for 8 last year...gotta work on that karma thing.

>your applications are in? really?
>
>and you think we care?

Aren't you supposed to be at the gym trying to do something about your small arms?

Finally hit send yesterday but I have low hopes for this draw. Wife is due in Sep with #3 and I'm going on Safari in July. That means my apps this year were all shooting for the moon in hopes of getting one great tag as I won't have a lot of leave after Africa and the baby. Could be worse though!!

I'm finally in, too. I ran my odds and worse case is that I have at least a 78% chance of pulling a tag based on last year's draw odds. That's most likely due to my 3rd choice cow elk hunt upping the odds but maybe I draw my first bull elk or its a once in a lifetime...

End of April is a loooong way away now.

In for: BHS, BBY, DER, ELK, ORYX, and IBX

This is also the first year my oldest boy puts in, as a mentored youth for deer. Fingers crossed.

Yes sir I'm all put in with the exception of deer. Can't decide what to do with that. I'm even all put in with what I want for out of state. ????????

I have my selections made but haven't entered them yet. Waiting to see if AZ draws before the deadline to see if I'm throwing arrows at elk in September across the boarder. also want to wait as long as possible so I don't have to carry the up front cost any longer than necessary.

Got lucky in the first draw of the year and my 16 year old son drew a WY elk tag, so will be busy the last week of October!!!

Paul, I normally hunt in your backyard but only went 1 for 6 last year and had to skip due to hernia surgery. Still waiting for your attach code. If not willing, Hank you are up next,. Lol. Most are in.
Mike

I put in about two weeks ago. I was hesitant because my future in the fall is so mixed up, but Iccyman001 convinced me otherwise. Here's to a great 2017 and best of luck to everyone!

>Paul, I normally hunt in your
>backyard but only went 1
>for 6 last year and
>had to skip due to
>hernia surgery. Still waiting
>for your attach code. If
>not willing, Hank you are
>up next,. Lol. Most are
>in.
>Mike

You dont want my attach code. We didnt draw anything good last year in nm.

>>Paul, I normally hunt in your
>>backyard but only went 1
>>for 6 last year and
>>had to skip due to
>>hernia surgery. Still waiting
>>for your attach code. If
>>not willing, Hank you are
>>up next,. Lol. Most are
>>in.
>>Mike
>
>You dont want my attach code.
>We didnt draw anything good
>last year in nm.

Me neither. Never drawn a #1 prime hunt in any NM unit.
I learned long ago to make my own luck with what I get.

I am waiting for the last minute, as a non-res, it is expensive!! I always hope the refunds go out before the CC bill is due, it actually worked one year!

>I put in about two weeks
>ago. I was hesitant because
>my future in the fall
>is so mixed up, but
>Iccyman001 convinced me otherwise. Here's
>to a great 2017 and
>best of luck to everyone!
>

Glad you got in, bud!
Good luck!

>I am waiting for the last
>minute, as a non-res, it
>is expensive!! I always
>hope the refunds go out
>before the CC bill is
>due, it actually worked one
>year!

I did the math on it and even with a pretty low interest rate credit card, it was not worth the cost to carry it on my credit card. Now I just pay up on the debit card and wait for my rebates.

The 6% pool is just so abysmal everywhere now it's just sad as a NR. I put in but have zero expectations of drawing anything. Good luck all the same to everyone, somebody gets your tag every year.

Based on what I can apply for this year I'm already expecting to see nothing but red. If there is any green at all, it will be epic.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom