NM Draw Update

N

NMHUNTNUTT1

I just spoke to the G&F and they said credit cards will be charged all the way through saturday the 24th , so non residents that may have drawn but do not show account charges have till the 24th . After that you did not draw or have insufficiant funds.

My CC company says I have been hit by a government agency for the price of an NR elk tag. I still don't know if it was 16B early or late.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-19-06 AT 11:12AM (MST)[p]nmhuntnutt1,

thanks for all your information the past few days concerning the draw...at least i still have some hope for my elk tag (and i dont apply for top rate units)...common elk tag Gods, help a brother out!!!

solrac

ps...any word on if they will post earlier than wednesday?

thanks again

whew, the wait is finally over...$83 today from game and fish...now just which unit did i draw...until wednesday...good luck to all...

solrac

Would LOVE to have another 16A tag. This year it would be tought to make it work and do the tag justice.

Archer

Congrats larrbo , I hunted 16B four years straight , shot my first elk with a bow there .Its a great unit for sure.

Yes, I hunted 16B about 13 years ago. My guide Terrell Shelly packed me way back into the wildness area. I saw a ton of nice bulls and brought home a really good 6x6. We booked with Beaverhead Outfitters this time, I have heard they are good.

NMGF website has update stating CC can be changed up to the 24th.....still hope for some of us

Man I wish they would quit Jackin around and give the guys that have thier Sh** together the tags and the ones that don't are s.o.l so it looks like it will be this weekend before they post the results.

Have any non-residents been hit with a charge for ELK on their credit cards yet? Just checking and trying not to loose hope. Thanks in advance for any responses. - Panhandle -

I'm a non-resident and I have two $1.00 charges from NM game and fish at 1:27 and 1:30 pm today. They expire on the 22nd at 11:59 pm. Does anyone know what this means? Should I be excited? Did anyone else have a similar experience?

Good Hunting

diamondj,

i agree w/you 100% on that issue...matter of fact i sent the nmdgf an email about it earlier...those that can't get their $hit together are given all these opportunites via extension after extension after extension while those that play by the rules must wait for those that can't get it straight...those that do things properly should be the ones in the field come hunting season and those others should be staying home and hopefully learning a lesson...but this is gov't afterall and it is NM to boot (my home state)...maybe everybody else that thinks this is crap should also send an email to nmdgf to voice their displeasure...

...huntaz, i think i responded to this on the bowsite but i also had a $1 charge last wednesday however i didnt get an $83 hit for elk until today...i honestly think they are doing it to make sure the card is good...i could be wrong (it wouldnt be the first time)...good luck on the draw...

solrac

>Have any non-residents been hit with
>a charge for ELK on
>their credit cards yet? Just
>checking and trying not to
>loose hope. Thanks in advance
>for any responses. - Panhandle
>-

My partner and i have both been charged the full $760 we are both NR's from Co. He just barely got hit today mine was saturday early and we put in on same app.

I still have the only hit I got for my nr MI antelope permit on sunday morning for the $270.00, I still have hope for my MI elk application though I guess. never got a $1.00 hit at all, just one hit for one tag. dammitt now I'm really hoping !!!!! I wish I knew the deer results, I'm just as excited about that as I am the elk license. I'll check every hour.
M WAITE, AZ.

Larry,
Are they still going to post results tomorrow or are they going to wait until Monday?? I seen they have extended the date until midnight the 24th to change credit card info. They posted that info yesterday.

I JUST TALKED TO NMGF THEY HAD A LARGE AMOUNT OF PEOPLES CARDS WERE NOT VALID ....SO THEY ARE GIVING THEM TIME TO GET IT STRAIGHTEND OUT .....IF THEY DO NOT THOSE TAGS WILL NOT BE REDREW HOWEVER THEY WILL NOT BE GIVEN OUT AT ALL...ONCE AGAIN THE THE ONES WHO DID IT RIGHT GET SCREWED AGIAN....SHE SAID THAT THERE WAS A LARGE AMOUNT WHO HAD PROBLES WITH CARDS

In the past when you had to send in a check, if you had insufficient funds didn't you get penalized by G&F? I believe it was loss of hunting and fishing priveledges. Why should CC fund problems be any different?

--Bill

LADY ALSO TOLD IF YOU DREW YOUR CARD WOULD OF BEEN HIT BY NOW ...THAT ALL TAGS HAVE BEEN ENTERD ....AND RESULTS WILL POST TOMMARROW!!

LAST EDITED ON Jun-20-06 AT 10:22AM (MST)[p]Take a look at the NMG&F site now, it says SUCESSFUL applicants who's cards are not good and are contacted by the G&F can change their CC info unitl the 24th. Not fair to all those who did it right.

Why don't they just post the results today. So they can give the folks who did not get there cc hit an extra day to correct the info.

they should just post the results already however i do not think those people that entered their cc incorrectly or mismanage their funds should be given a chance to find some money or a card that works so they can still draw...that is total bs in my mind...if they can't do it correctly the first time they should deal w/their mess up and deal w/the fact they will not be in the field come hunting season...it is not fair to those that submit their info correctly the first time, they should be getting the tags not the incompetant ones...just my .02...good luck on the draw and good luck on the hunt to the lucky ones...

solrac

I wrote a complaint letter to Fish and Game . First they extend the application deadline because of all the last-minuters and then they are kind enough to remind everyone (before the draw) to get their sh*t together with their cards then another extension to help these people out even more. Who are they catering to? Now all of those tags are just gonna sit on a shelf. Who does that help? Next year they will be throwing out the applications of hunters that didn't fill out their hunter survey cards. That will add another month to the process. Geez!

I agree that people that screwed up their apps shouldn't be catered to. But, one of the reasons I think they are doing this is for the people that did it right and have a problem with their card not of their cause.

Last year my credit card company canceled my card and issued a new card because they suspected fraud. This was only one week before the New Mexico draw. My CC company issued me a new card with a new number, I called New Mexico Fish and Game and they said that I was out of luck. This is my experience from last year and kind of wish this was in place then.

I might catch some he77 for this but what is wrong with writing a check or getting a MO and sending it with your application? This whole CC situation just made it a whole lot easier to introduce more problems into a situation that was not simple enough for the powers to be to figure out in the first place. let's get back to cash up front. There was never a problem until the CC applications. If there is a problem with how I feel, so be it.

--Bill

wfg-
The one problem with writing a check is that you are out that cash for several months. That might not be a financial constraint for you, but could be for others. I agree that credit cards add a whole level of complexity to the process, but for some it works best. I wrote a letter to fish and game and got this response:
The Department of Game and Fish has conducted the drawing for 2006-2007 public antelope, deer, elk, ibex, javelina and bighorn sheep hunting licenses and permits. The results will be posted on June 21 as scheduled.
When the drawing was complete, licenses were awarded to all successful applicants. The next step was to charge the credit card accounts for successful online applicants. The Department received funds from most applicants, but for several applicants the payment requests were returned as declined by the state?s bank and credit card processor.
Given the fact that cards are declined for various procedural and electronic reasons, we recognized that it was incorrect to assume that all declines are due to the actions of a cardholder. There are many steps involved in a credit card charge including two sets of banks and credit card processors.
The Department notified the applicants impacted by the declines by e-mail that they had until midnight Saturday to provide the Department with an alternate means to pay for the license they drew. We also posted information on the website to direct people to the location where they could make credit card changes.
The Department provided this opportunity so we can issue licenses to the hunters who successfully drew them in the random drawing. The Department made this decision to make sure that all applicants are provided the same opportunity to draw a license, regardless of the form of their application. To penalize online applicants by passing them over due to a problem not of their making would not allow for an equitable process.
We thank everyone for their patience and understanding with how we have attended to over 156,000 applicants for the more than 63,000 permit and license documents issued through the drawing.

Marty Frentzel, Chief
Public Information and Outreach
NM Game and Fish
(505) 476-8013/ [email protected]

This does make sense after all, but I am not sure how other states have not had the same problems. I process quite a few CC's in my business. It is extremely rare that I get a card that is over its balance or a wrong #. It is usually a discrepency with a middle initial, or and address that is W. with the CC company but the application used West (instead of the abbreviation). I am suprised that these did not get caught when the $5 application fee was charged at the time of the application.

The bummer is the draw is over! If you haven't been charged or called by the department then you probably did not get drawn.

We will all know tomorrow!

i received the same email from game in fish from two different people, frentzel and an unknown person from information services...if what they are saying is true, then i can understand giving these people a chance IF what game and fish says is true...that is a big IF...still does not excuse the first extension on apps being due...maybe the checks is a good idea, money up front...yeah, it would be a burden for them to have my cash for several months but hey, it's for hunting so i will do w/o something else during that time period...i dont make a lot of money so it would be a small burden financially, that just means i do w/o some other junk i really dont need, instead of a six pack of red stripe, dos equis or some other decent beer i get a 4 pack of bud light or miller light...once again just my .02

solrac

I understand that it can be a financial constraint for some... Myself included being a single Dad, but I plan all year to put my son and myself in for hunts here in NM. Money up front for a chance for a product would cut out all of the problems of CC companies. If I was to buy a lottery ticket I sure as heck wouldn't put it on a creditcard. I'm not picking on folks for applying with CC's, NM needs to figure a way to see it through efficiently.

--Bill

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom