NM Land Commissioner Bans Hunting on Public Land

Anti-hunters is another name for anti-gun people. Stop the hunting just another reason for people not needing guns. If he is a appointee by the governor, pressure on the governor needs to be made by sportsmen and sportsmen group.

If your governor is anti-gun, you are S.O.L.

RELH

As a kid here in utah, we hunted rabbits in 5 mile pass, it was closed to shooting years ago, to provide a "safe space" for riding ohvs. Then some land was closed, to protect it from target shooters starting fires with ammo sparking,exploading targets ect. Now target ranges are being closed because folks live to close. And are afraid of stray bullets. I live in a tiny rural area, in sanpete co. And have a membership to a range 30 miles from home. Just so when i shoot, i can be left alone and not bothered . Sure has changed in 40 years.

While I consistently agree that further restrictions on land use are a bad thing, I'll wait for the NM boys here to chime in. This may well be banning hunting and trapping on 200 acres that nobody hunts or traps on anyway. More than likely it looks like the wasteland where they buried the bodies in Breaking Bad. :)

I'm not gunna die on this hill.

Bluehair
Splitting my time time between the montane and the mesas......
May you live long enough to cash in those preference points. Amen

not much to say, sadly NM has turned very liberal. NM has elected liberal idiots and now we're drowning in liberal filth.

State public land doesn't follow the same rules as federal public land, case in point.

There is an easy way to fix this mess. Get out and vote. Talking to representatives is "O.K." I guess, but nothing gets their attention better than a pink slip distributed via ballot.

Fire Stephanie Garcia Richard at her next election!!! And while we're at it, fire Mitch Grisham as well...

NM Land Commissioner has now signed an executive order to ban "hunting for contest" aka coyote hunting contests on all state trust lands.
The Albuquerque Journal has called it barbaric to have these coyote killing derbies. Where prize money can be won.

Geezus

"Wildlife and its habitat cannot speak. So we must and we will."
Theadore Roosevelt

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom