NM Public 6x6

nmmuley

Attached are some pics from our 2nd season rifle hunt up in Northern NM. We ended up packing in about 8 miles from the trail head. This bull was taken the first evening of the hunt about a 1/3rd mile from camp. On the fourth night we ended up getting 10 inches of snow, so the packout was interesting to say the least.

elk45045.jpg

elk45051.jpg

elk45068.jpg

elkhunt2009098.jpg

elkhunt2009107.jpg

elk45085.jpg

elk45062.jpg

elkhunt2009115.jpg

elkhunt2009118.jpg

Much congrats on a beautiful bull and great pics. I did something similar about four years ago--and it almost made me give up elk hunting for the rest of my life. Almost. It took four days to pack it out, the last in snow, and it took a few months to get the pain out of my head. But by the end of the following March I was ready to apply for an elk hunt again, and was back in the same spot the following year... ;-)

LAST EDITED ON Nov-17-09 AT 10:17PM (MST)[p]Congrats.

Looked like a great time till I got down to the last cpl pics.

I hate snow. I've been surfing Las Cruces real estate lately.

Congrats on a great looking bull and thanks for sharing some great pictures. Nothing like getting back and taking a great bull. Looks like you did so just in the nick of time considering the weather change. Turned into a winter wonderland!
-Cody

I wish that was me with the bull on my back! Pics are of my buddy, I was along to help out with the calling and packing.

Looks like a great wilderness adventure to be etched in memory forever. Funny how you'll be able to recall that hunt 30 years later to the exact detail. Congrats. Jimbo

Nice Bull. Did the elk move downward after the snow ,did you guys see many elk after the snow.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom