NM Unit 24 buck

huntswnm

http://www.mangusbowmen.com/photos/fell_1.htm

Here is a link to a photo of my first Coues buck. I took him on Thursday the 12th while sitting over a water hole. 20 yard shot, double lung, the buck only went about 50 yards and I watched him go down. I was in tree stands for 7 days in three different spots and saw bucks in all three locations. The day I harvested this buck I got into the stand a little later than I wanted, about 8:00 and actually seen this buck chasing a doe about 8:45. Three hours later he approached the tank from the direction the doe had lead him off from and the rest is just a blur. From looking at the teeth he looks like a pretty old buck. This pic doesn't do him justice because his left antler has some other "stuff" on the main beam you can't see from here. I reckon he is probably past his prime and on the down hill slide as far as his anlters go. We rough scored him about 85". I tell you what, this is my first Coues as well as my first deer with a bow and I am hooked!!

Jeff

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, weapon in one hand, calls in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Great coues buck and especially with a bow, congrats! Looks like he has good mass and some unique characteristics, good looking buck.

nice kill!!! your right, the pic doesnt do him any justice from what i saw the other day. Now both of us got our first deer kill with the bow and hopefully there are many more!!!

Jeff..
What was your setup???? Also, how did the NWTF convention go?
jason

Jason,
I used a climbing tree stand, over water, that morning. First time I sat that particular stand. Hit him with my Mathews SQ2, gold tip arrows and muzzy heads. It was great!
How in the world did you not draw for deer this year? Which hunts did you put in for??
Jeff

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, weapon in one hand, calls in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Dude... We have NO IDEA... We thought we had it all figured out with a backup plan.. NO DICE.. I don't even know if there are going to be OTC tags for Jan.
J-

Well, that sure is strange. There were plenty of tags left over last year, especially some of the coues hunts. I don't know about the sale of left over tags this year either. Since they did the 4th choice, there may not be many left.
jeff

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom