NM unit 53 elk

Dapodaca

Gona b up in unit 53 October 19-24 hunting elk has anyone seen or killed and bulls? Looking for all the help we can get thanks and good luck to all you this year

Don't know why anyone would put in for a unit like 53 with no knowledge.... But I have hunted every part of 53 over the last 48 years. So this my advice. The 2nd rifle hunt is the hardest, The Elk are scared and hiding, you can't call one in,If you call they will go to the next zip code. So go as far as you can from the "Bud Light" littered roads as possible hike into the high country and try to glass one up. The Bulls will be back together so if you find one there will be more around, do a downwind sneak and hope for some luck. Then hope you have a lot of friends to help pack it out. GL
Jack

I do have knowledge of u it 53 hunted it many times my family is actually from questa all I'm asking is if anyone has any news this season what's it look like up there r they ruttting what areas are they in r they on private land r they in the valle Vidal ##### like that

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom