NM Youngster Drowned...

N

NMHUNTNUTTG

Hey all , I just wanted to let you all know that this past Thursday my community lost a little 13 year old boy. He was swimming with his big brother and a couple of friends in the Rio Grande River and was caught in an under tow current. Before anyone comes on here to say how bad it was for the kids to be in such a big river during run off time , save it! The family already knows and is suffering beyond words.Young Corbin Hayes was found this afternoon miles down the river caught up against a dead fall tree in the river. He was a great young boy , a baseball player and loved the outdoors.They made a huge mistake to enter the river , but it cannot be un-done. His big brother saved another little girl who was about to get taken by the strong current and tried to get back to his little brother but the water was too strong. Please for those of you believe that God's Promise is not of this world but of His , I ask if you can take 5 seconds and ask for a blessing to the Hayes Family in Rio Rancho NM......Thanks Larry

I've been following this and what an unfortunate loss. Prayer are out to all involved.

Thanks for the update NMHUNTNUTTG,

--Bill

LAST EDITED ON Jun-02-09 AT 09:27PM (MST)[p]Done.....I grew up along the rio grand down in lemitar (north of socorro) and we used to do the same thing, didn't thnk much about it until one of my buddies went under, we got him out with a rope, that was the last time we went swimming in the rio.

pinemesa

I cant think of anything worse that could happen to a family. Hope the family can somehow find peace.
My prayers are with them.

My friends and I used to do the same thing. I am thankful nothing ever happened to any of us. Can't imagine losing a child. Please don't forget about this and tell all the kids you know that they need to stay out of the river.

I remember playing in the Rio when I was youger as well, and thinking nothing of it, but a few years of duck hunting on it really brought an awareness to what it is capable. Finding out how drastically the same area is changed year-to-year by the river's currents, so much so that we had to scout it out before hunting it. Using my shotgun to frantically paddle my wadered ass back into shallow water/solid ground after aborting failed attempts to fetch floating dead ducks. I've since given up on that. Taking up coyote hunting...they probably taste about the same anyway.

In all seriousness though, I would never let a child near that river. My thoughts, prayers, and condolences are with the family.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family. I simply cant imagine the pain and suffering the family must be going thru due to this horrible tragedy.

our prayers are with them!

I have 2 sons who frequent go fishin with me! I need to watch them more than fishin! Pecos river is runoff right now so need to be cautious more!

vinihunt

That breaks my heart Larry Tell the family alot of us are sending Prayers their way.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

A really good friend of mine at work lost his wife and one of his twin girls in the river almost 2 years ago. Brenda took the girls fishing and one fell in. None could swim, Brenda went in after her baby and passed away. Lots of people seemed to think they never should have been at the river in the first place...me, I just realized that I needed to start putting my kiddos in life vests whenever we go to any river. I always thought I'd be able to pull them out, but it simply is not the case.

The Hayes Family has my prayers as well.

DC

My family, and church's prayers will go out to the Hayes family at Sundays service. I know it's not much, but maybe God's light can shed some comfort to the family and friends of their fallen angel in their time of sorrow.

Rest in Peace little friend you will be truly missed by all who love you.

PS: If someone has an idea of flowers or anything else. I would be more than happy to donate $25 to whatever someone decides.

Just call me and let me know where and who to send it to.

618-779-9165

Your friend:

Joe E Sikora

Thank you to all who have responded. Joe S , thanks for the kind words and offer , there will be a memorial service for him tommorrow afternoon at 1 pm at the Rio Rancho High School. There has been so many to bring flowers, candles and notes/letters , it is really heart felt amazing to witness not just a community show so much love , this has brought people together and letters, prayers , flowers sent from all over...Again thank you all...

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom