No diet today !

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
Fettuccine Alfredo with Andoullie Sausage.
Heavy Cream
Butter
Garlic Cloves
Parmesan Cheese
Salt
A little crushed red pepper flakes
My wife says it is indulgent...
20231212_150454.jpg

Thanks Blank. I've made it before- and I used Shrimp or Shrimp and Chicken. I never did the Garlic and butter simmer long enough. I never reduced the cream enough before. 6 and a half minutes simmering the cream , garlic and butter. Then I added the Parm. It really rose the bar !
Such an easy recipe but I just needed to change up the process. I will never be a chef like you are but now I know my Fettuccine is as good as anyone's. I've had Fettuccine Alfredo in the best restaurants and had the butter running off in rivers and tons of Parm but it wasn't any better than this.

Last edited:
Sounds great. One hint if you're trying to show off. Use fresh Parmesan cheese for heightened flavor, and a much creamier sauce. The coating they put on the shaved or shredded Parm makes it melt and blend a little slower. Sometimes clumpy

I did use fresh, but I added it all before I took the same off stove.
Sounds great. One hint if you're trying to show off. Use fresh Parmesan cheese for heightened flavor, and a much creamier sauce. The coating they put on the shaved or shredded Parm makes it melt and blend a little slower. Sometimes clumpy
I used fresh Parm. Maybe more cream then or extra butter ?

I would lean toward a little more cream, rather than butter. We like leftovers or freeze the extras, and I don't care for all the separated butter from my sauces.

In your recipe you said heavy cream. People sometimes confuse whipping cream and heavy cream. Two distinctly different levels of butter fat in them. I will always select heavy cream with 35-40% butter fat for thick sauces

Yes it was heavy Cream as called for in recipe. It said use 1.5 cups. I had a pint so the other 4 ozs would be enough ?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom