no `lope hunt this year- again !!!!!

H

hunterman67

although i drew elk, and deer- the elusive arizona antelope has again left me hanging. i was pretty well expecting not to draw as i only have 2 points- but next year i will have 3, then look out !!!!! lol lol

MICHAEL S. WAITE C/O WAITE RANCH, TUCSON-MARANA, AZ.

Join the club. I had 8 points and no tag. I thought this was my year to draw.

i figured i had no hope for awhile. a guy named coues here on monstermuleys has 12 bonus points- and he says that is "maxed" out, meaning you can't get any more points- and he has had 12 points for 3 years now, and still has not drawn. this does not leave much hope for antelope hunters in arizona anyway. at least you get your money back right ?????

screw it, i'm looking into another wyoming hunt- they have more antelope than any other state in the union so i may be able to find a hunt somewhere (i hope).

I have 1 unit wide buck LO Authorization on a 13,000 acre deeded ranch south of Tucumcari left. We are only allowing 2 hunters on this ranch. One tag is sold. The other remains and it is $800. A guide can be provided. E-mail me if you have interest. Jimbo

i am sending you an e-mail right now. thank you.

I have 1 landowner voucher for rifle and 1 for bow in North West Colorado. This is one of the best areas in the state. If your interested e-mail me.
[email protected]

Join the club. I have been putting in for a rifle antelope tag in Idaho for six years and haven't drawn yet. I wish Idaho gave points to guys who didn't draw.

i know 2 guys here in az that have the max points allowed- 12, and still have not hunted antelope for another 3 years each- proposed total of 15 points- the point system has done them no good at all, then i know 1 guy who drew 1st year- no points, not even the permanent hunters ed point- zero. so there can be no method that fits everyone i guess. but az does not have the animal population of other states- ie; wy, co, nm, mt- wherever. i am almost 100% sure out of every state that has antelope- arizona has the least amount. of course there will be 10 posts that say different, but my point is we don't have the numbers.

Join the club.I have 12 bonus points in AZ and thought this would be my year. No luck again. I did draw a unit 23 dec. whitetail tag, so at least I will be able to hunt this year.

that sucks- now i know of 4 hunters who have at least 12 points- and are not hunting antelope in arizona. how many years have you had 12 points ????? 2 guys i know have a "proposed" total of 15, and 16. they are also "not" hunting this year. i have 3 now- so my hopes are not high that i will get a tag anytime soon. luckily other states have alot of animals, and alot of extra tags. so those of us who want to hunt antelope really badly can make it to another state to do it, otherwise we would all be some no antelope hunting fools for awhile. the whitetail coues tag you have should be a good hunt- have you ever hunted there before ?????

hunterman67, now you know 6 people. my father and I both have 12 points each. I think there are a lot of people maxed out on points, just not enough to go around.

mike

Don'tlose hope guys. I drew a unit 7 tag in 2001. Don't hate me, but I had only 1 point!

When I went to the Antelope Foundation Banquet, the speaker asked for a show of hands of those that 0-1 points that drew a tag. 7 people raised their hands!

Last year there was at least one person who drew a sheep tag with only 1 point too.

HUNTERMAN67
TAGS ARE GETTING HARDER TO GET BY THE YEAR.I PUT IN FOR SEVEN STATES.DREW WYOMING AREA 58 ANTELOPE ON FIRST TRY.ALSO DREW NEVADA AREA 32,34,35 ARCHERY ANTELOPE ON THIRD TRY.I TRY TO BETTER MY ODDS BY PUTTING IN ON A LOT OF STATES.SEVEN CHANCES TO MOST PEOPLES ONE.IT HELPED ME. TRY IT. BLACKBEAR21

desertbull-where was the Antelope Foundation banquet? I had no idea there was a foundation for pronghorn.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom