Non resident G/H deer poll

Did you kill a dink buck just to fill your tag?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

one_dryboot

Long Time Member
Here’s a simple poll to see if nonresident are the single most reason for the decline in western Wyoming and non residents just kill dink bucks to fill a tag because it takes money and a bunch of points to draw.

This Poll will close in 30 days and will settle the debate once and for all. Because the internet is truth.

For the record I’m in the tag soup club.

Last edited:
Here’s a simple poll to see if nonresident are the single most reason for the decline in western Wyoming.

This Poll will close in 30 days and will settle the debate once and for all. Because the internet is truth.

For the record I’m in the tag soup club.
I’ve been reading this forum since 1999 and I’ve never seen anyone claim NR for the decline of mule deer in Western WY. Sounds like someone upset you pretty good ?

I’ve been reading this forum since 1999 and I’ve never seen anyone claim NR for the decline of mule deer in Western WY. Sounds like someone upset you pretty good ?
Not upset at all. If that’s the case You must not read very well. Comprehension skills lack? It’s always the NR fault according to a number of people in this forum

Last edited:
I Might Not Know Much But I Do Know This:

If booty Didn't Take A Buck It Wasn't From Not Trying Or Lack Of Know-How!

And No!

He's Not A Guy That Shoots PISSCUTTERS Just To Say:I Filled My Tag!

Not upset at all. If that’s the case You must not read very well. Comprehension skills lack? It’s always the NR fault according to a number of people in this forum
Then you can easily provide a link or post? Thanks! I believe you and I don’t read every post but seriously can’t recall anyone saying NR have lead to the decline of mule deer.

Thanks for your time. Look forward to reading it.

Then you can easily provide a link or post? Thanks! I believe you and I don’t read every post but seriously can’t recall anyone saying NR have lead to the decline of mule deer.

Thanks for your time. Look forward to reading it.
I’m not going to spend the time finding it for you. I have better things to do with my time like watch Midget Cage Fighting. You can just as easily go through the posts and read for yourself. Or I’m sure they will chime in shortly.

Last edited:
I’m not going to spend the time finding it for you. I have better things to do with my time like watch Midget Cage Fighting. You can just as easily go through the posts and read for yourself. Or I’m sure they will chime in shortly.
Translation: I can’t find any posts that say NR are the reason for the mule deer decline. I acknowledge my reading comprehension are likely sus, and my troll poll post isn’t going the way I wanted it to

Translation: I can’t find any posts that say NR are the reason for the mule deer decline. I acknowledge my reading comprehension are likely sus, and my troll poll post isn’t going the way I wanted it to
No, it 100% means I don’t care to spend the time just to prove it to you.

So Translation is you’re not worth my time. ?

Side note- my poll is going exactly as I suspected it would. Many more eat tag soup.

Last edited:
Hey I found the only person saying the NR are going to cause a decline:

C717B648-825F-43B7-A675-636C97D06D39.jpeg

Not only is he the only person crying about the NR causing decline but he doesn’t have time to find where other people have said the same as him. But he has enough time to come back and edit all his posts and throw up a poll. ???

Dude you’ve been here since 1999. If you’d spend more time not being a jackass you’d have read the posts I’m talking about. ?

72% tag soup for non residents in this poll so far. Clearly non residents are shooting all the bucks and the reason there’s no big ones left. Time to cut non res tags to zero.

Oh and the only one to kill a dink is a RESIDENT. ?

Last edited:
@SS! I do find it interesting you haven’t paid attention to any of the posts the last few months, don’t know what I’m talking about, yet feel the need to insert yourself like you’re important.

I get it, you were picked last for the special Ed dodgeball team and just want to feel included. Come give daddy a hug.

Please take my poll and pick the one that best represents you. Oh wait you didn’t hunt.

^ TRIGGERED. Back to back posts ?. If there’s so many posts share just one please. Thanks ?

Dude, put the dog in the kennel, clean up the peanut butter mess and scroll the first page. Wash your hands first or you’ll get the keyboard all messy.

I saw that one but he’s talking the recovery of the herd could be hindered by NR shooting small bucks. Didn’t say NR hunting was the reason for the decline. And his emphasis was more on the trophy aspect anyhow.

Thanks for attempting hossburr. I think you did find the date one crying boot snapped.

Feel bad for one crying boot that on a hunt he’s checking in to mm’s and getting his cheerios tossed. That’s sad one can’t even check out for a bit and focus on a hunt. No wonder he didn’t kill a big buck. @Bookhead you did a number on this fella, at least offer to pay for one therapy session. If not we’re looking at a winter of half ass polls and lots more crying. Good grief even a little rain keeps him down:

33423A25-EFF5-48CB-95BD-5E7E0AFAD1D0.jpeg

Last edited:
In your poll you need to define "good buck" allot of nr think a fork horn is a "good buck" lol
See? That's what I'm saying. Poor is guy is on tilt so bad he can't think straight.

I can see it now. He's sitting in his tent scrolling mm's. The sound of rain hitting the tent. With every flick of his finger across his phone screen the anger builds. His eyes become fire red. Not only from anger but from crying. Knowing this may be his last region G deer tag. A tiny thought for a tiny brain enters his head. With the smell of water on his breath (morman?) " I'll prove to Bookhead that he is wrong. God willing if I survive this rain storm I'm going to do it. I don't know how but I will"

3 weeks later he posts likely the worst poll ever on MM's.com

The end. I know its a horrible story, just like his deer hunt.

??? now we are going somewhere. The funny thing is I wasn’t thinking of Bookhead when I made this poll.

for the record I had a great hunt. I hunted one of the biggest bucks I ever have in Wyoming. I spent time in Gods Country, and in the end, the deer won. Sure, I could have killed dink bucks just to fill my tag, but I’ve killed enough BIG deer in my life I can walk away from the hunt and it was still a success.

Years ago they had the Blackboard they're in alpine keeping track what they've killed in the sizes they also kept track of residents and non-residents and what percentage were successful. It also showed the past 10 years previous as well.

man i wish you guys could see the NR's on the bighorn mountains. Moments like this is why i love the wilderness law. The crowd doesnt exist.

man i wish you guys could see the NR's on the bighorn mountains. Moments like this is why i love the wilderness law. The crowd doesnt exist.
New poll idea. Which causes more NR tears, The Wyo wilderness guide law, Being accused of killing too many forked horns, or Questioning their ability to accurately estimate BC score on Antelope?

New poll idea. Which causes more NR tears, The Wyo wilderness guide law, Being accused of killing too many forked horns, or Questioning their ability to accurately estimate BC score on Antelope?

Lol. If I was a NR I would be frustrated with the wilderness law cause its kinda silly. But like I said it is nice not to have Cali, Michigan and Wisconsin plates everywhere.

Rumor has it E is going to do a new show

Hunters of Wyoming.

A reality show where we follow 6 hunters from Wyoming as they go through a year.

Each week the group will have a different nr introduced into the house.

We will watch as the drama ensues. Tears, tantrums, meltdowns.

Must see tv

See? That's what I'm saying. Poor is guy is on tilt so bad he can't think straight.

I can see it now. He's sitting in his tent scrolling mm's. The sound of rain hitting the tent. With every flick of his finger across his phone screen the anger builds. His eyes become fire red. Not only from anger but from crying. Knowing this may be his last region G deer tag. A tiny thought for a tiny brain enters his head. With the smell of water on his breath (morman?) " I'll prove to Bookhead that he is wrong. God willing if I survive this rain storm I'm going to do it. I don't know how but I will"

3 weeks later he posts likely the worst poll ever on MM's.com

The end. I know its a horrible story, just like his deer hunt.
Dry boot has killed a lot of big bucks. He knows how to hunt big bucks. I met him last year in WY and he was a huge asset. I'll eat M&Ms with him any day, lol.

As far as tiny brain "Mormans" go........ well, I think your spelling says all we need to know about tiny brains. Maybe it's the alcohol? Try some water. :LOL:

??? now we are going somewhere. The funny thing is I wasn’t thinking of Bookhead when I made this poll.

for the record I had a great hunt. I hunted one of the biggest bucks I ever have in Wyoming. I spent time in Gods Country, and in the end, the deer won. Sure, I could have killed dink bucks just to fill my tag, but I’ve killed enough BIG deer in my life I can walk away from the hunt and it was still a success.
Actually you literally just described failure. You chased a buck and it got away. Fail. You can still have a good time and fail. That talk about it was still a fun hunt even though I didn’t kill is some liberal BS. Be honest. You failed.

It’s going to be ok. But you don’t need to make up fake comments and a BS poll. Take your failure like a man.

Actually you literally just described failure. You chased a buck and it got away. Fail. You can still have a good time and fail. That talk about it was still a fun hunt even though I didn’t kill is some liberal BS. Be honest. You failed.

It’s going to be ok. But you don’t need to make up fake comments and a BS poll. Take your failure like a man.
Cool story bro.

The poll is now 60% of NR ate tag soup. It would be higher if @SS and bookhead didn’t vote they killed a dink when they didn’t even hunt as NR. Maybe those residents that were claiming the NR slaughter everything are FOS ??‍♂️

The poll is now 60% of NR ate tag soup. It would be higher if @SS and bookhead didn’t vote they killed a dink when they didn’t even hunt as NR. Maybe those residents that were claiming the NR slaughter everything are FOS ??‍♂️
Yea a poll on monster mulies is definitely accurate for determining that ? especially when you word it the way you did to make it sound degrading to kill a "dink". It was a nice desperate grab for you though

Rumor has it E is going to do a new show

Hunters of Wyoming.

A reality show where we follow 6 hunters from Wyoming as they go through a year.

Each week the group will have a different nr introduced into the house.

We will watch as the drama ensues. Tears, tantrums, meltdowns.

Must see tv
What about meth? You nr bringing that? Getting hard to find around here.

The other 40% killed dinks just to fill their tags but they aren't gonna play your poll lol
You played my poll, wanted to be included. No shame in killing a dink. I don’t care what people kill. Hell I loved watching the residents shoot 2.5 year old bucks and getting out of dodge, then I had the mountain to myself for 10 straight days.

You played my poll, wanted to be included. No shame in killing a dink. I don’t care what people kill. Hell I loved watching the residents shoot 2.5 year old bucks and getting out of dodge, then I had the mountain to myself for 10 straight days.
Didn't seem to matter did it?

2.5? How are they 2.5 when they are born in late May/early June and shot in sept? Do you tell people you 40 and 1/2 years old?

You should get farther from the trailhead. You’re seeing sxs drop off 15 residents, people shooting 2 year old bucks. Get deeper. You’ll have less to complain about.

2.5? How are they 2.5 when they are born in late May/early June and shot in sept? Do you tell people you 40 and 1/2 years old?

You should get farther from the trailhead. You’re seeing sxs drop off 15 residents, people shooting 2 year old bucks. Get deeper. You’ll have less to complain about.
Your wife said I go plenty deep. And there was no complaining. ???

Your wife said I go plenty deep. And there was no complaining. ???
Anyone can go deep for 2.5 secs. Glad you found my wife hot. Yours? ? A bag isn’t enough. I can see why you’re frustrated all the time and in no rush to shoot a buck and get home. You took one for the team marrying that one. ?

Lol. If I was a NR I would be frustrated with the wilderness law cause its kinda silly. But like I said it is nice not to have Cali, Michigan and Wisconsin plates everywhere.
So a colorado plate is a little less offensive, or is that just understood?

Funny thing is, I didnt have any colorado or any other guys around. Just miserable cold, and wind. My eyes were pretty blurry, though.

Update after the first 24 hours

5 votes for killed a dink just to fill the tag. 2 of those votes are from Resident Trolls and don’t count as they don’t qualify, but wanted to feel special.

5 lucky hunters killed a good buck.

17 votes for tag soup.

These poll numbers are not surprising, unless you have your head in the sand.

Thanks to all those that have participated so far.

Show us the proof that anyone said NR are the reason. I think it is very entertaining that you are so obsessed with this topic.

The point is simple. Residents should not sacrifice opportunity if there is still NR opportunity. If cuts need to be made it should be most felt by NR.

Sure we can all point fingers. And yea I still feel the high stakes of NR tags especially in units that are once in a lifetime makes guys more likely to kill. Residents don’t have that high pressure as we always have a couple months next year to hunt…

Again where has anyone placed all the blame on NR.

One thing is certain the more NR whine and moan the less support they have from residents…

Last edited:
Show us the proof that anyone said NR are the reason. I think it is very entertaining that you are so obsessed with this topic.

The point is simple. Residents should not sacrifice opportunity if there is still NR opportunity. If cuts need to be made it should be most felt by NR.

Sure we an all point fingers. And yea I still feel the high stakes of NR tags especially in units that are once in a lifetime makes guys more likely to kill. Residents don’t have that high pressure as we always have a couple months next year to hunt…

Again where has anyone placed all the blame on NR.

Ine thing is certain the more NR whine and moan the less support they have from residents…
Bout time you show up!! ?

Update after the first 24 hours

5 votes for killed a dink just to fill the tag. 2 of those votes are from Resident Trolls and don’t count as they don’t qualify, but wanted to feel special.

5 lucky hunters killed a good buck.

17 votes for tag soup.

These poll numbers are not surprising, unless you have your head in the sand.

Thanks to all those that have participated so far.
Real update after 24 hours.

Cryboot will not be hunting G next year and likely not for many years to come. It will not stop him from crying non stop though.

No the coloradans are usually too busy taking up all the camping spots at glendo all summer and fishing 10 feet from any resident that's catching fish
I used to be the Assistant Park Superintendent at Glendo (2016-2018). Folks from Colorado make up at least 70% of the visitation and probably 90% of the parks revenue. That being said, folks from Wyoming caught way more walleye. Good times.

Real update after 24 hours.

Cryboot will not be hunting G next year and likely not for many years to come. It will not stop him from crying non stop though.
Cry? Yeah I’m crying while I look at my trophy room and see a 196” buck and an 205” archery buck on the wall from 2017,2019. I’m crying alright. ?

$500 says I will be hunting G next year. Another $500 that we’ll continue to see residents blame NR for their wildlife problems, while continuing to allow unlimited residents to hunt. Am I jealous residents can buy a tag over the counter and hunt one of the best mule deer units? Hell yes I am. And I’ll continue to hunt it and find big deer while seeing you and a few others on here complain about it.

I used to be the Assistant Park Superintendent at Glendo (2016-2018). Folks from Colorado make up at least 70% of the visitation and probably 90% of the parks revenue. That being said, folks from Wyoming caught way more walleye. Good times.
Need to charge 3 times as much for nr and bring the visitation down to around 40% lol

I live 122 miles from the reservoir. I would drive that far for a good cup of coffee. If I'm going to camp somewhere, I camp, and everything else is incidence. If im hunting or fishing, the same applies. I love keeping a bag of walleye, and dont worry about where i rank against anyone else. I compete against myself. And I'm capable of having fun all by myself.

Todays polling is still going just as predicted. Subtract the two troll votes for killed a dink and you have 4 legal votes. 19 votes tag soup.

#MakeTagsoupGreatAgain.
I also see two names in tag soup that killed bucks this fall in WY. So your poll is 2nd in terms of BS followed of course by the numero uno BS’er the founder of said poll, you!

Oh **** it looks like 3 residents voted besides one plus a non resident who voted as a resident

Not to mis direct the OP/Poll, but I can’t believe the animosity amongst neighboring states. I remember a simpler and kinder time when I first went up to Wyoming in the 80’s and hunted the Medicine Bow with Grandpa. He’d leave me and my fellow Utahn cousins at the trail head at night, while he ventured in search of supplies and fuel down to the interstate. I vividly remember he said the locals would give you the shirt off their back and bend over backwards for him. It restored all faith in humanity, Non residents really can help the local economy. Best of luck in the later hunts.

IMG_7004.jpeg

Hey spj?

Was She The One that Bent Over?

Not to mis direct the OP/Poll, but I can’t believe the animosity amongst neighboring states. I remember a simpler and kinder time when I first went up to Wyoming in the 80’s and hunted the Medicine Bow with Grandpa. He’d leave me and my fellow Utahn cousins at the trail head at night, while he ventured in search of supplies and fuel down to the interstate. I vividly remember he said the locals would give you the shirt off their back and bend over backwards for him. It restored all faith in humanity, Non residents really can help the local economy. Best of luck in the later hunts.

View attachment 123255

I've hunted G and H about 7 times in the last 20 years. I've taken two bucks 180+ and the other 5 times... one time scope was jacked because I slipped in snow before shot, one time saw 200+ incher for all 3 days before season and then he ghosted because somebody set up a one man tent within 100 yards of where he was hanging out the night before season came in, then the other 3x I didn't see anything 180+ to get me excited about.

Maybe G should be all wilderness. on top of that you non-residents will help the outfitters make money, cause if i recall 90/10 was going to kill the outfitters and small towns

FYI, our small town just saw its biggest revenue from NR and it wasn't from hunting. HMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Maybe G should be all wilderness. on top of that you non-residents will help the outfitters make money, cause if i recall 90/10 was going to kill the outfitters and small towns

FYI, our small town just saw its biggest revenue from NR and it wasn't from hunting. HMMMMMMMMMMMMM
That’s great news! Happy for the small town business trying to survive

Amazing. You have proven it. All we need to save G and H is to eliminate resident hunting and allow a large amount of flat brim wilderness warriors to hunt the unit. It will all be saved.
For a minute I thought you were 100% series, but I am sensing a little bit of sarcasm in your post. ?

I wouldn’t go that far and eliminate residents. Maybe just the ones that think all the NR just shoot a buck to fill a tag.

SS sent me a PM saying he works the night shift at Mound Mouse Brothel in Evanston. He Said for $20 I could “peg” him. Not sure what that means but guess it’s popular amongst the he/him they/them Gender neutral pronoun community. I politely declined but wished him.
That’s more believable than your lie of residents saying NR has caused the decline of mule deer in Western WY.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom