Non Resident OHV permit- 2023

Triple7

Reading the regulations on this earlier. If you have a current permit from your home state you don’t need to register it but still need to purchase a 90 day temporary permit for $18 or 2 year for $48. Anyone know if this is correct ? Thanks.

Yes you need to buy the temp permit. You will input make model and serial number to go with the paperwork, and they mail you a sticker. It is a pretty easy process. I bought the 90 day permit for a deer hunt last year and I just ordered it a few weeks before the hunt. It showed up a week or so after ordering.

Called a New Mexico game warden this morning. He said my Colorado OHV permit is all that’s needed for New Mexico. Dont need to buy a NM permit. If you have current registration within your state you are good to go.

That is correct. I did not know you already had a registration. The NM wording is a little tricky stating "All OHV riders from out of state require a permit on public lands and display a validation decal." Then there are the exceptions listed below. If the GW says your good then you're good.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom