non typical on wasatch front

• Thread starter tacticalbowhunter
  • Start date
T

tacticalbowhunter

Does anyone have any pics of a buck that was out on the front that was a 7 by 8 or something like that. He had a big hook cheater on his left side. I hit him 2 times but he still made it down into the houses and lost the blood trail on the pavement. I have been trying to get ahold of the game warden in the area to see if it has been called in but no answer or call back for 2 weeks. Alot of guys were after him so just hopeing someone might have a pic of him on the hoof. Judgeing him on the hoof around 207 or so. Thanks ps hit him on nov 29th and have been looking for him almost everyday with no luck.

Hope you find him....better yet I hope he made it so I can kill him next year!

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p248/nv_hunter/nevadaanimatedhelmetwd2.gif[/IMG]

Any Luck yet on locating your buck.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

one guy responded he got a pic of him the day i shot him so hopefully he sends it to me. I actually wish he made it to but there is no way. I hit him twice and in all three beds he layed in there was blood all over. Im sure he piled up in some lucky guys backyard. But i ended up shooting a nice 6 point bull on dec 15th up on the wasatch.

tb.i hit him twice and in all three beds he layed in there was blood all over. every body loves that... i bet if you sent that to peta they would pay you for it..

LAST EDITED ON Dec-28-10 AT 03:59PM (MST)[p]Just want to know if you were north of city creek. Saw a big rack that was taken from that area that scored 204ish. Was only about 22" wide.

Post the pics when you get them. Curious to see what he looks like. Let's see your bull pics too!

"Half of being smart, is knowing what you're dumb about."

I dunno, its stories like this that gets the Front closer to being taken away from us. Yes there are monster bucks close to homes, but come on guys. Use some judgement, and think about the rest of us before you put 2 bad shots on a buck close to homes!!

Athens Archery Field Staff
Wicked1 Bowstring Staff

i promis you zrider you would'nt have pasted on either shot. I waited and waited for him to give me a clear shot for hours. I passed lots of (risky) shots on this deer. But unfortunatly it is bowhunting and they dont always drop in there tracks. And unfortunaly when an animal is hit good it runs strait downhill. And the rich and famous want there houses higher and higher on the mountain so the deer are forced to live around houses when its that late in the season. If you have never lost an animal then you probably just havent bowhunted for all that long.

I have lost an animal, and commend you for still being after the buck. I will say I'm frustrated with the homeowners that are higher and higher on the mountains. That said no matter how big of a buck sometimes for the sake of the rest of us its just better not to hunt that close to homes. Kinda seems selfish to put my (and my kids) wasatch front hunting future on the line. It is a very fragile situation that we all need to realize that 1 bad decision can ruin it for everyone. That was a good looking bull by the way congrats on that!

Athens Archery Field Staff
Wicked1 Bowstring Staff

It was about a 1500 feet above the house line where everyone else hunts. He was just pushed down by being wounded and other hunters chaseing him. It was just bad situation

what were your where abouts when this all happened this has kind of got me curious

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom