north/central deer

madmoose

as a non-res. from idaho, just inquiring about the general deer season in the north or central part of the state. what could a person expect as far as hunter numbers and areas to hunt. is it crazy crowded in the woods were you fear for your life or are people reasonably spaced out. can a person get away from crowds without to much trouble?
opening day should obviously ne crazy, is it better to wait it out for a few days? or jump into the masses?
could a good hunter expect to see a average shooter in 5 days? 18-22"4point. thanks for any info..
have a sister that lives in riverton, any good hunting close to there?

Seeing that type of smaller 4 pt shouldn't be too hard, especially if you've got 5 days. Just keep looking, they are there! I think mid week is going to be your best best, most of the guys head home on Monday. You can't hunt the hills above Riverton, its archer only, but you can go south just a bit and hunt American Fork or Provo canyon area.

if you have north eastern rifle i can help you out have killed many in that region.... and no there is no good hunting close to riverton

I could give you some tips about the Southern Region. Do you already have the tag for this year or are you planning a future hunt? If you already have a tag for the northern region for this year, I wouldn't be much help, but if you get a southern region tag, let me know. I also know a few good spots in the Southeastern region as well.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom