Notice: General muzzleloader elk hunters

Ya!

And even Back Then It Still Wasn't a Profitable Deal!

But I Do remember When It Was Perty Important We Had a Couple Deer In The Freezer!

And a Big Garden!

And Mom Bottled Deer,Fish & Vegetables!

These Modern Day Guys Preaching: I NEEDED THE MEAT Gets My Blood Boiling In Today's Age!

Some Of Them TOTIN 250K Worth Of Camping/Hunting Gear!

How Times Have Changed!

I remember that also with the old timers. The ladies in the little towns would buy a tag as needed throughout the hunt to tag a deer harvested to fill the freezer. That was when filling a freezer really meant something when times were tough and money was lean ?

Remember grandma, my mom and her sisters bottling fish and venison in Grandma's kitchen well. Grandma's garden was huge and always had a few farm animals being raised each spring.

Spike tags still available at the end of day one. Seems like they sold out in 5 hours last year. What changed this year that people aren't buying them up as fast?

Screenshot 2023-07-20 211741.png

I'm guessing, and hoping, that people have realized these OTC elk hunts are more difficult than they appear to be on the YouTube...
Yep during Covid meat and everything prices went up and alot of people worked from home or just recieved government handout checks and had time on their hands. They all thought I'm going to go get me a elk tag and feel my freezer. People found out OTC elk hunting is not a cake walk. I'm sure some of them have already gave elk hunting up.

If anyone is planning on hunting the any bull muzzy. You better plan on standing in line, starting around 5am tomorrow or you probably won't get a tag.
My prediction is those 1st season and muzzy tags will be selling out by 10am this year.
It makes no sense at all to have the muzzy tags as part of the 1st season 15k but then have the 2nd season rifle unlimited.
I hope that changes in the future.
Looks like your prediction was off (I would have made that prediction too), there is still multi season spike tags left and early Rifle any bull left, wonder why ?

Looks like your prediction was off (I would have made that prediction too), there is still multi season spike tags left and early Rifle any bull left, wonder why ?
They did away with the multi season tags for any bull. That is the reason why.

I loved the multi season tags, but they are the reason the tags sold out in hours the last few year.

I just went online and looked. I was shocked to see there were still 200 ( I think it was 202) multi season spike tags left. I was even more surprised that there were still any bull early hunt tags left (196) so I bought one even though my original plans were to just buy an archery elk tag.

Hey Bob!

Did You Buy Each One Of Your Kids a Different Elk Tag?

Staged Just Right You Guys Could Hunt Elk All Fall!

You Probably Did!

But Does Ms deadi Know?:D

I just went online and looked. I was shocked to see there were still 200 ( I think it was 202) multi season spike tags left. I was even more surprised that there were still any bull early hunt tags left (196) so I bought one even though my original plans were to just buy an archery elk tag.

Still general season elk tags available, I hear…

Some folks and their doom and gloom look a bit silly after all this!

PS- they looked silly before it too!

As of 8:45 am 7/26/23 this is what is still available.
45 early any bull tags
unlimited late any bull tags
968 spike tags
166 multi season spike tags.

I am curious to know how many late any bull tags have been purchased.

Screenshot_20230726_084644_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hey Niller!

I Wish You'd Quit Advertising This Again & Again!

I'm In The Process Of Saving Money In Hopes I Can Buy The Tag The Night Before Season!

JUDAS!

Still general season elk tags available, I hear…

Some folks and their doom and gloom look a bit silly after all this!

PS- they looked silly before it too!

A Question For The King?

What's The Odds of Exactly 45 Remaining On 2 Different Hunts/Tags!

And The Other 2 Hunts/Tags Exactly 968?

Somebody Better SPLAIN muzzy and rifle permits are the same point pool for both
Muzzy and rifle any bull tags come out of same any bull tag pool. They issue muzzy or rifle out of the 15000 tags until gone. So right now there is 7 any bull tags left to be issued as a rifle or muzzy tag as preferred. Same with spike and they are down to 892 tags left for which ever weapon you choose.

Better hurry on any bull tag ;)

Thanks rman!

I've Never Studied Any Of It!

Just Got Used To Buying A Tag At Any Time Up Until The Night Before Season!

Them Days Have Been Gone For A while!

Muzzy and rifle any bull tags come out of same any bull tag pool. They issue muzzy or rifle out of the 15000 tags until gone. So right now there is 7 any bull tags left to be issued as a rifle or muzzy tag as preferred. Same with spike and they are down to 892 tags left for which ever weapon you choose.

Better hurry on any bull tag ;)

Going to be really interesting to see how many people buy the 2nd season unlimited tags. Or are they going to hide those numbers from us?

Going to be really interesting to see how many people buy the 2nd season unlimited tags. Or are they going to hide those numbers from us?

I would hope that they publish those numbers to be easily seen. They usually do. If not, a simple GRAMA request and you'll have them.

As of 08/09/23 at 7AM there is still 40 general season elk tags and 16 multi season spike tags left.

There is no excuses for not getting a elk tag if a person wanted one. Not to mention the second season rifle tags are unlimited and for sale at any time.

Talked To A Guy Yesterday That Had Talked With Another Bunch of DRATS & Their Plan Is To Go Hunt & If They Get An Elk They'll Go Buy A Tag!

I Don't Know If That's Possible?

Or How It Will Work Out For Them?

Talked To A Guy Yesterday That Had Talked With Another Bunch of DRATS & Their Plan Is To Go Hunt & If They Get An Elk They'll Go Buy A Tag!

I Don't Know If That's Possible?

Or How It Will Work Out For Them?
It is possible! Hopefully it doesn't work out well for them!