NR looking for some advise

davtaiv

Hay everyone in AZ. I am a NR who is now hooked on elk hunting. I hope there are some MMer's that can help me out with becoming more familiar with archery elk units in AZ. Can someone list their top 5 units and maybe a few that are sleeper units. Also, if anyone knows about landowner tags I would appreciate the contacts. Next year will be the first year I put in for AZ, but I am ready for the 10+ year wait to draw a tag. Thanks in advance. PM me if that would be easier.

In Az. no secret units,just locations ??? As of now,No Landowner Tags.Top units that take double figure B.P. are 9,10,23N,1,8.All units have "OPPS" for a bruiser during archery season.Go where the tags are,1st few years.I had a client draw unit 6 with 0 bonus points a few years back.Good Luck in the draw in years to come --- Bruce & SilverGrand

What about 4a, 5a, and 5b (Hopi). Is this area on reservation land? What do you need to do to hunt this area? Thanks.

You need to be a Hopi to apply for the Hopi tags. If there are leftover Hopi tags after the draw you can then apply for them. There are really no "sleeper" units. There are however overhyped units.....see the list above :)

The list of units provided in the earlier post are obviously the premium hunts and could take years to draw. Archery bull tags for the September hunt are highly sought after and will give you the best opportunity for a big bull in any unit. You mentioned Unit 4A and I have hunted that unit for over 15 years. This is a great unit given the proximity to Phoenix and has some nice bulls if you are willing to hunt the deep canyons. My hunting party and I have pulled out several nice 330 class bulls during the archery bull hunt and we are really proud to call them our trophys. The 350+ bulls exist in this unit but not at the same regularity as Units 1,9, and 10. I also like Units 4b and 3A/3C. All these units will have less outfitter and guide pressure and you don't have to deal with that set of issues (see other posts as an example). Good luck and welcome to AZ elk hunting.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom