NR Tags

BPKHunter

Very Active Member
For all those that are interested, take note that all of the NR Elk tags and 81% of the NR Deer tags are sold already. 2000 deer tags sold this last week, so their gonna be gone soon.

So much for all the arguments about how ID has to change it's ways if it wants to keep the NR dollars flowing.

Supply and demand at work in a good economy.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-16-19 AT 06:52PM (MST)[p]>Will be interesting to see how
>fast they go next year
>with the fee increase.

Is that definitely going thru ?
Hopefully

>Will be interesting to see how
>fast they go next year
>with the fee increase.

If the economy remains, I bet almost as fast.

Montana is selling their version for 40% more $$ and aren't having issues with sales, despite their lesser horn quality.

>Will be interesting to see how
>fast they go next year
>with the fee increase.

If the fee increases make it through, it won't be until the 2021 season that they go into effect.

>I would bet 75% of these
>NR tags are being sold
>to Idaho residents !!

Does it matter who buys them??

Lol, Deerlove....go troll elsewhere. You're honestly blessed beyond belief to even have the OTC opportunity as a non-resident. Quit your bichin.

>I would bet 75% of these
>NR tags are being sold
>to Idaho residents !!

Have you been to the hills in September/October?? Any zone, doesn't matter.! Crawling with NR. Not a chance that residents pick up more than an inconsequential amount of 2nd tags.

The number isn't 75% or even a majority, but it is substantial (yes, it can be looked up). And very often those tags go unfilled because hunters shoot a meat buck on the first tag then hold out for horns.

As a matter of fact Yeas I am in the hills from July thru nov scouting & hunting !! I hunt 31 archery in the last 5 years I have seen maybe 2 out of state plates !! 99% are 1A & 2C plates. And according to F&G since they have allowed residents to buy the NR tags as 2nds they have sold out faster than ever before

Yeah it is closer to 75% than you think & you are dead wrong F&G doesnt even have a way of tracking that info in their system !! Call Boise & ask them 334-3700 I personally know of at least 40 plus local guys that buy their regular tags & always buy a 2nd elk tag !! I know several people around the Riggins Grangeville area & they do exactly the same they buy 2 deer tags & 2 elk tags Every year !!

You sir need new lenses on your glasses. I personally dont hunt 31, but do spend lots of time in multiple units and zones during September/October/November and that's not what I'm seeing.

Unit 31 is the go to unit for much of Ada, Canyon, and Payette county because it is close. I personally have a 2 hour rule when it comes to hunting near Boise. I believe Unit 31 is not like the other 75 units in Idaho. That said, non-residents make up a good portion of the money the fish and game gets in. We need them, and I believe it is fair for anybody that lives and works in the US to use their public lands. I think the system is getting tweeked to allow for better distribution of tags as some units get a disproportionate number of NR tags.

I don't think Idaho should sell a second tag to residents or nonresidents at nonresident price. I believe the residents and nonresidents that do buy the second tag are often better hunters and put more pressure on the older bucks and bulls in OTC units. I think we would see a few less bucks and bulls killed if those tags were sold to nonresidents or even better, not sold at all. At least Idaho gives nonresidents 1st chance to buy their tag. If you are a nonresident that wanted an OTC tag this year then you should have purchased it before August 1st.

The 75% number estimated is wrong at least this year. I know for a fact that most of the nonresident elk tags went to nonresidents because a majority of the nonresident elk tags were sold before residents were able to purchase them.

No clue how to find numbers, but f&g tracked % of who bought the tags and how they sold at the different price points they have offered them.

As a NR myself I love ID! After switching over from hunting elk in Idaho it's like shooting fish in a barrel compared to Colorado!

>they will go just as fast
>next year because Idaho is
>the cheapest out of state
>tag

not the cheapest to hunt deer

No glasses needed see fine !! I also hunt unit 39 late archery have NEVER seen an out of state plate & I also hunt 43 rifle. I spent 5 days 2 years ago in 43 saw maybe 8 out of state plates , all but 2 were from Washington. Last year hunted whitetails around grangeville again never saw an out of state plate !! Maybe the eastern side gets hammered more but certainly Not the areas I have been in .

So I just went on the F&G site as of 8/16 there were still 5609 NR elk tags Unsold . That is right around 45% available after being open to residents for 2 weeks .

Must be looking through wax paper in some of those areas..its nauseating to me.. Either way, F&G has responded and I'm glad there listening. Prices increasing and tags decreasing in several areas for NR. Much needed.

OLDHORNHUNTER,

On 8/16/19 the NR elk tags were sold out. They were mostly sold out before August 1st. Where are you getting your 5609 number from?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom