NR who drew AZ in 06 or 07??

AZ402

I'm just curious about the unit and how many points it took you to draw your permits (Archery, Rifle or Mzzld). I'm just wondering how the 20% pass effected the elk hunts. Thanks, Stan

Thanks, I know there are a bunch of guys on MM who '06. It doesn't seem like to many NR's from MM drew in AZ this year.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-26-07 AT 08:44PM (MST)[p]No tags for us Okie's. Maybe next year.

Stan are you guys getting any rain?

AZ402..oops, sorry I lied. I drew the 5a tag in 2000. I drew New Mexico in 2005. 5a-I shot a small bull. NM I shot a 395. 2005 was a great year!!

Stan: Posted earlier, but the computer goblin ate it. Will try again. I drew last year for the late Unit 8 rifle with 6 points total. There were 425 tags, and it was my second choice, as first was for the Unit 6A muzzy. Maybe in a year or two, lightning will strike twice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

972... that is more like it!

1 pt in '05.. 6pts i n'07.. haha makes sense now.

I drew '06 3pts bow bull NADA this year... go figure 0 pts.

Robb

Drew Unit 1 archery NR with 11 points. I hope it was worth the wait. I am planning on hunting the entire season. Wish me luck!

Gary

I drew AZ Unit 1 late rifle in 2006 w/ 10 pts. I had been putting in for early rifle hunts, but finally gave up.

The Unit 1 late rifle hunt was tough - lots of hunter disturbance - few mature bulls. I hunted hard and ended up killing a 330 pt. 6x5 on Escudilla Mtn., which was the biggest bull I saw. All things considered, I was very pleased with the hunt and with my bull, but it would have been nice to have at least seen a 350+ bull.

I also visited Unit 1 in late September, during the archery season, to stay with some friends with property there. It was awesome. We had bulls bugling around us all night, and I was able to stalk to within 40 yards of a huge 7x7 on my friend's property (couldn't find the bull again for the late rifle season). The bugling activity began about 30 minutes before dusk and ended about 15 minutes after dawn, with almost no bugling during the middle of the day.

I stopped by a number of bowhunter camps and saw a few 350-360 class bulls. It seemed that most guys were up on the mountains by late afternoon, trying to intercept the bulls as they descended to make the lower meadows by dark. This process was reversed for the morning hunt. Relatively few were hunting over water (the late summer of 2006 in that area had been relatively wet), or were having much success attracting bulls to calls in the middle of the day.

Unit 1 is a great area with a lot of good habitat. But from my experience, there are few pockets of undisturbed areas where people don't go. I'd stay to the higher levels of the more rugged sections, but I am sure there are plenty of guys here who know Unit 1 better than I.

Good luck,

HornedToad

A friend drew unit 9 rifle. It was his second choice, unit 10 was his first, and he had 3 points.

a "N.R.",friend drew a 6A Gen Bull elk tag,for this Fall.Had 8 B.P.and was a 2nd choice,still plenty excited ---

I drew a 5a this year. How was your hunt? Did you have a good time and get a good bull?

I took a guy out for a week in 5bs. You have a great area and a lot of nice bulls. I had him on bulls every day.4 weeks ago i saw 3 5x5 and 1 6x6 in your area. No real trophys but all shooters.
Mark

I have a buddy who drew 3B archery bull this year with 8 points. Only problem is, he didn't apply for that hunt. He applied for muzzleloader in 3A/C and 22 south.

Anybody know what kind of hunt we're in for on 3B archery?

One of my hunters got a 6A late bull elk tag with 10 points, one got a Unit 10 late bull tag with 9 points, and a rifle antelope tag in Unit 10 with 9 points.

Don Martin

LAST EDITED ON Apr-09-07 AT 08:38PM (MST)[p]AZ402, (Stan) Dad and I drew and Unit 9 late rifle tags in 2003, With 9 pts each. I killed 6x6 320BC

2004 20% rule Dad drew with 1 pts. 6x6 310BC Archery tag

2005 20% rule I drew a tag with 2 pts. I Killed 367BC 7x7 Archery.

I hope I get a tag before I die. I wish for 20% again.

No Tags this year. There is about 10 of us that put in. All archery.

I drew unit 27 late rifle in 2005 with 6 points, killed 352. 2007 drew 6B late rifle on 3rd choice with 1 point, killed ??????

>I drew NR unit 9 archery
>with 10 points last year.
>

Lee,

I know a few that drew 9 with 10 points last year which was why I thought I was in the max pool this year. What a difference a year makes.

How did you do on 9 last year? What part of CA are you in? Sacto here.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom