NV Antelope Which unit?

BIGOLMULEY

I Know this is asked all the time, but.... I have enough points to draw any NR archery tag in the state. I am a huge archery guy, and a full time guide that has no hunts until Sep. 1. So I have the time to spend most of the season.
I have been in a # of the units on the east side, but none on the west. I have noticed that 033 is open to NR this year. Looking at the odds it is the toughest to draw.

What I am looking for is terrain that is a little easier to stalk in. I will sit water holes, but would prefer stalking.

I have killed two goats before, a 72" and 76". But not with my bow. So score is not of huge importance, but would love an 80" goat obviously. But with the points, why not get the best place right?

By the way, if anyone is interested to join me, then lets do it. I wish you could apply as a party on goats, but nay in NV.

Thanks for any help,

Jason "The Big Ol' Muley"

You might want to look at 041/042. It looks like it has good success rates and I know they kill some good ones in there. I always put in for 032/034/035. I know some good areas in there if you draw that area. Another choice is 031. I think if you drew any of these areas you would have a good hunt.

Thank you I appreciate the advice. I have tons of time to scout, and will. So if I draw I will let you know.
As far as terrain goes, any of these units better for spot and stalk?

Thanks again,

I hunted 012-14 2 years ago. Saw a couple of good bucks. Also hunted 31 further back in time, saw a lot of small bucks. I would not put in this unit.
i saw a tv show with Larry Jones hunting antelope in unit 012-014 and he hiked in a mile or so to water holes. Hunted with a bow.I would contact him if you draw. maybe he'd spill some info. He's on his waiting period...He must have a web site. They showed a few great bucks. I'd look to this area and always put 033 down. Can't go wrong there...
033, 012-014 and no on 31... Just a thought...right or wrong?

Thank you for the help. I am excited for this hunt for sure. It is kind of cool to finally know all these years of putting in will result in a fun hunt.

I ended up going
032-035
041-042

I may not draw 033 because first year a NR tag is offered and a bunch of people will put in, but I would guess for sure one of the others

Thanks for all the help

Muley, They gave a 033 NR archery tag out 3-4 years ago. Guy I work with drew and huntin water, filled day #1. Good goat but i don't remember the specifics. If you draw 033, I'll give you his name and number. Just PM me.

And I took a 78 3/8 buck in 032 years ago and hunted it again last year so contact me on that one too iffen you draw.

We're both on our Waitin Period anyways.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom