NV return tags?

Santana

If I draw a tag can I return it before the hunt begins? Will my points be restored? Refunded for tag? I'm a resident, and I should know this but I don't remember and can't find anything in the regs. Thank you.

If this is what your thinking. Why didn't you just put in for bonus points in the first place, so that someone else could have gotten a tag.

Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding is that someone else will get the tag. Nevada keeps the tag fee from the individual that turns it in while re-instating their pref pts and then contacts those who stated during application process that they would be willing to accept a tag up to 1 day prior to beginning of there hunt. Cash cow for the State. Am I missing something?

+1 ... a happy Alternate and the state gets paid X2 for the tag ? ... All good in NV. Bruce & SilverGrand

And if you can get your Doctor to give you an excuse why you can not hunt this year....bad knee, surgery etc....then you get your money back too along with points...But it has to be done before the first day of hunt start date.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

In 2013 I was the recipient of an alternate deer tag. Got the email about the 20th of July and was hunting.deer on Aug 10. A little short notice but I made it work. Had a great hunt and killed a great buck. It was like a surprise Christmas gift. My only hope is that people would turn their tags back as early as possible to give the new tagholder as much notice as they can.

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I just stir it.[/font]

>"Alternates can be selected up to
>14 business days before the
>season opens"(Page 13). I check
>the alternate box on all
>my applications.
>
>Dillon
>www.dillonhoyt.com

What happens if you opt-in for the alternate tag and someone turns in the tag so as not to be given 14 business days (i.e. someone turns in the tag the day before the hunt)? Does NDOW give you the ability to decline the tag at that point even if you selected the alternate opt-in box on the application? I couldn't find this anywhere in the regs...

Horniac

The point of the opt in or out is to prevent a person being on the phone for two days trying to find an alternate. If you opt in you get the tag. Opt out and no chance of getting the tag. No time to decide if you want to take it or not. Its already in the mail.

Thanks to everyone for responding. The job may move me out of state next year and I want to use my deer and elk points this year while I'm still a resident. But my work schedule this autumn is up in the air right now and when it settles I may not have time to hunt. But it should be sorted out by July so I can turn in the tags (late deer-early elk) if need be, and alternates will have time to plan their hunts. I don't mind eating the tag fees but will be happy to have my points restored. Listen to me talk, I haven't even drawn a tag yet! Thanks again and good luck in the draw.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom