Oak Creek Cyn. sheep tags...

Yes...what a screw up!! Heard someone say they reduced the number of sheep tags in Oak Creek Cyn. and was wondering if that was so.

7 tags for the early hunt (all Resident), 7 for the late hunt (including one NR), and 3 tags for archery only

the last 3 years they have killed around 50 rams off the unit. Pretty slim pickens for a 6 to 8 year old ram anymore.
yep - same deal on the Newfoundland Mtns. These units have a fair number of sheep and are really more "opportunity" type hunts with very few older rams left. Hoping I can find one in that 6-8 year old class in a few weeks, but I pretty much know I won't kill a monster because there aren't any. I am ok with that (y)

Do you have a tag or know someone that does down there? How is the hunt going so far?

I almost pulled the trigger on drawing an Oak Creek sheep tag this year, but went with the Newfoundland Mtns unit instead (will be hunting in November).
No, don't have a tag and have not heard how the hunt is going. Was thinking of driving down this weekend.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom