Off Rang Oryx

LAST EDITED ON May-04-10 AT 08:13AM (MST)[p]Amiehunt.......I was down by the Stallion Range 2 weeks ago and was disapointed to find another road closure, at about the half way point the road the goes East/West along the Northern border fence of the Stallion is now closed... There were lots of fresh tracks and some dropping piles that were hours old but never saw an Oryx.. I killed an old cow near there last year in July on the second to the last day of my hunt..

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/8382snake_hunting_2010_001.jpg

Hunting is Life...everything else is
Just details.
Ol' Buzztail...

ElkSniper... My guess is that the road went all the way up through some really nasty washed out hillsides and ended up at another closure forcing you to turn around and go back the way you came in but some idiots just kept on cutting through the fence and driving through to the road on the other side. I knew once the BLM officers saw that happen more than a few times that they would probably close the road further back. There was evidence of people driving around the new barrier already so it will probably be just a matter of time till they close that whole area off...and we lose a prime area for off-rane oryx, it SUCKS the big one!!!

Hunting is Life...everything else is
Just details.
Ol' Buzztail...

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom