Off road trailers

Horsecorn

Very Active Member
I'm looking for a little trailer that sets high, can take a beating on dirt roads and is built like a tank. I have a 30? trailer now and it's to big for what I want. Just wanting a little hunting trailer that I can hook on to quick and haul butt. What are some good ones out there. I don't want a tent trailer or a jumping jack.

I always wanted an M101. You can go to steelsoldiers.com and other surplus sites to find them. Check out the tanks for sale while you are there...

Bluehair
Splitting my time time between the winter and summer range......
May you live long enough to cash in those preference points. Amen

Hey DM!

I Know what You're Thinking!

How Bout this one!:D

70210dmtrailer.jpg

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

We could take that one to the Top of BW!:D

You can get more ground clearance just by flipping the axles we do it all the time.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Well cat, that sets a little to high for this old man. I couldn't get in it. No reason to go to the top of B wallow. They shot it out years ago. You already know that for sure. Find me something a little lower.

Maybe camp a little lower on the mountain. Leave earlier in the morning and ride in on a four wheeler. Then hike in the rest of the way.

For a little 19 footer 55,000 plus tax?s and license. I just wonder how long that trailer will last bouncing down wash board roads. Let alone full on off-roading ! Sure it has a off-road suspension but how much can the box take before it starts cracking apart. I saw them at the outdoor show. They look pretty cool. But I try taking my toy hauler in as far as necessary. Then unload the real off-road equipment. That stored inside the toy box.

Sounds like an expedition trailer might be close to what you're after. I don't have one or any experience with them, but have looked at them off and on for a few years. There are forums out there where people detail builds of their own - many based on old military trailers. Here are a few manufactures' websites to check out.

https://nuthouseindustries.com/expedition-trailers/

https://turtlebacktrailers.com/our-trailers/expedition-trailer/

https://www.cruxexpeditiontrailers.com/

Head over to expeditionportal.com and you'll find a bunch more info as well.

Ever think about a sheep camp?

"I don't care if the season is closed. Get off your butt and go hunt them"

TRISTATE
3/11/19

From the party of HUNTIN, FISHIN, PUBLIC LAND.

Has anyone looked at or have a forest river r pod. The are jacked up a little with off road tires and is small enough to be pulled by a Tacoma. What do you think.

FR R-Pods are alright, not really super for off-road. Jayco hast their Baja Edition SLX with off road tires, extra clearance and performance. Much more serious is here at the Flagstaff Overland Expo every year. My son builds up trucks and trailers for display and use in the Ditch.

I have a 6x8 jumping jack. Love the heck outa the rig. Can fit a general on top with no problem (Make sure you load it backwards on the smaller trailer. Has everything i need for what i want. Quick, Mobile camp. Def suggest getting some sleeping pads for the beds (Teton xl) they make a world of difference. The pads that come with the trailer arent very comfortable to sleep on.

36251thumbnail1.jpg

-Cass

Hey HorseCorn!

Get this one!

Then We could go to the Top!:D

61104camptrailerlifted.jpg

Geeze Elk...I couldn't afford the tires for those rigs..I'll just stick with my old sheep-wagon..

LAST EDITED ON Nov-11-19 AT 03:13PM (MST)[p]

VORSHEER Trailers is a pretty serious off-road, hunting trailer. It has Timbren independent suspension for 21" of ground clearance. Comes standard with 12" electric drum brakes and has large (285/70R17) off-road tires.

This trailer will do well during your hunting excursions.

I use a 20' enclosed trailswest snowmobile trailer. It has a heater, I put a mattress on the floor. I can't shower and I have to use the natural restroom outside, but it keeps me warm at night!

biggest problem is the width.

>LAST EDITED ON Nov-11-19
>AT 03:13?PM (MST)

>
>
>
>VORSHEER Trailers is a pretty serious
>off-road, hunting trailer. It has
>Timbren independent suspension for 21"
>of ground clearance. Comes standard
>with 12" electric drum brakes
>and has large (285/70R17) off-road
>tires.
>
>This trailer will do well during
>your hunting excursions.

That's awesome!

A $20k trailer for your mattress.

I'm with goforbroke. I think the OP is looking for something small/light with minimal setup (no tent trailer or JJ). Those expeditions are cool, but just remind me of a little tent trailer..only worse, cause you have to be outside to do anything but sleep...cook, etc.

I'd go super simple with a <21' superlight or enclosed and build it up inside.

"...I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six..."

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom