Ogden extended archery?

JACO

I did an archive search on the Ogden extended archery area with not much for results. Have any of you had success on the face? I'm having a hard time finding access points. It seems like there is a line of private all along the base of the mountain. So far I've only found one decent access point, seeing a few deer, but no bucks. Any info on Ogden extended area will be appreciated. PM me if you'd rather not post.

Nocked N Loaded

I would also like some help on the Ogden Extended unit. JACO, if you are looking for someone to go hunt with PM me.

I will tell you that there are not half the deer numbers on the Ogden that there are on the Wasatch front Extended. There are some good areas but most are steep nasty country that is really hard to hunt. You will find yourself seeing deer feeding on top of a 1000 foot cliff with no way to get to them. The best areas in my opinion are North and South of Ogden city. The mountains above the main city are the nasty ones and there aren't as many deer. Just look for accessible areas and glass from the roads and you should find deer. Honestly, I would drive to the Wasatch and hunt between Farmington and Bountiful if I were you. A lot more deer in that area.
Good Luck

Thanks for the advise. One question though, I have seen you post on utahwildlife.net before and you have never said anything good about the Ogden Extended unit. Just wondering if you really think it's that bad?

No, I don't think it's bad. It's just a hard area to hunt if you have never been there and don't know the access points. The deer numbers are lower and the country is nasty. Having said that, there are some nice bucks as well. Not trying to push you away, but there are just alot more deer South of Weber Canyon.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom